Jaguars Free Agents/Free Agency thread

.Buzz

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

He was okay for the Lions last year. You could do worse for a 3rd CB, but had isn't as good as Colvin. Very average player. Wasn't a liability but also didn't create many plays. Play him in off man against a teams 3rd best WR and you'll be fine. 

I mean, Colvin has one interception in his entire career...

7 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

rrv58n.png

Dave Caldwell killed that draft.

He absolutely did.  But to be fair...if we're measuring things that way, 5/8 of those 2nd contracts were handed out by Dave himself.  And some of them have been very misleading in their structure and won't see the end of them, leaving a lot of "imaginary money" on the table.  If not straight up overpays. Plus, waived one of the guys to make room for...uh...i literally don't even remember what pointless scrub it was.

I mean, you could look like an absolute draft genius by that measure, just re-signing all of your picks to 5 year 100 million dollars with fifty bucks guaranteed, and then cut them or whatever.  Look, my draft class signed for a hundred billionty dollars!!!  I m so smrt.~!!!!!

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, Colvin has one interception in his entire career...

True.  Honestly, i think one of the areas where we might miss him more is in run support though.  He made plenty of plays there over his years with us.  Also wasn't often put in the same sort of positions to generate turnover as the outside guys.  He didn't draw the premier highlighted assignments, but he drew a lot of tough ones nonetheless.  Just tough in different ways.  Made him a great nickel in our system.  But you can't afford to pay him like an outside guy.  So...*shrug*...bye.  Gotta find a quality replacement now.  Probably in the draft.

I wonder if this team will diversify its defense more with the absence of Colvin. This year, we can pretty much keep Jalen/Bouye outside, knowing Colvin can hold his own at nickel.

One thing lost in how good Colvin is in the slot...Bouye and Jalen are even better there.

Keep in mind that when Jalen and Bouye missed snaps, Colvin didn't move outside...Patmon or Myrick did.

Would we see Jalen (who was a game wrecker in that position at fsu) or Bouye inside against teams that don't have a true dominant WR 1? Would we want to?

I like the signings of Carey and Davis for ST’s.

Only signing I haven’t really been on board with is the Hayden one but we will see how he does playing between Bouye and Ramsey. Only 2 years for 9.5M essentially.

They have given themselves a lot of freedom in the Draft with the additions they have made.

11 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I like the signings of Carey and Davis for ST’s.

Only signing I haven’t really been on board with is the Hayden one but we will see how he does playing between Bouye and Ramsey. Only 2 years for 9.5M essentially.

They have given themselves a lot of freedom in the Draft with the additions they have made.

They did something similar last year they filled up holes as if they were disguising what there draft day plans were.

Archived