2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

Just now, MD4L said:

I came in saying he was my number one QB. 

The sub 60% completion percentage in college always bothers me, but his mechanics here looked clean and smooth. Of course, things are much different when you have 300 lbs dudes gunning for your skull.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So there are two of us.

We may be few, but I like the company.

I'm with you guys. I love Barkley, but trading up from 4 to 2 for him is silly. In fact, if he's there at #4, I still think there's no guarantee they take him there.

Just now, G08 said:

The sub 60% completion percentage in college always bothers me, but his mechanics here looked clean and smooth. Of course, things are much different when you have 300 lbs dudes gunning for your skull.

Agree. I'm not sure how many plays allow for 70 yard passing routes. His physical gifts are legit, so it depends on how coaches apply his skill set.

Just now, MD4L said:

Agree. I'm not sure how many plays allow for 70 yard passing routes. His physical gifts are legit, so it depends on how coaches apply his skill set.

I lived through the Jay Cuter era (as a fan) and I see a lot of him in Allen. If/when he's drafted, they'd better surround him with good coaches and keep him in the same damn scheme. Protection up the middle will be important as well or he will develop some bad habits quickly.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I lived through the Jay Cuter era (as a fan) and I see a lot of him in Allen. If/when he's drafted, they'd better surround him with good coaches and keep him in the same damn scheme. Protection up the middle will be important as well or he will develop some bad habits quickly.

It's a limited sample size, but Sam Darnold vs Ohio State looked like a Jay Cutler esque performance.

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

Cutler's an interesting and legit comparison. It then comes down to how much the guy wants to be great. Is he a student of the game, does he take control like Wentz has. Cutler really wasn't like that.

Just now, lod01 said:

Cutler's an interesting and legit comparison. It then comes down to how much the guy wants to be great. Is he a student of the game, does he take control like Wentz has. Cutler really wasn't like that.

Cutler was a grinder, but there's some stories out there about how during install certain weeks he knew the team had no shot so Brandon Marshall and him would play backyard football to give them a chance. Other stories about WRs not knowing the offense yatta yatta. Excuses are like arseholes though so who really knows. I'm convinced the absolute worst thing that could have happened to his career was being traded to Chicago.

Archived