Rams trade DE Robert Quinn to Miami

cddolphin

11 hours ago, BABYLON 5 said:

Oh ok because I keep hearing the Dolphins are cutting Suh,I was just thinking to my self why in the world would they be cutting one of the best defensive tackles in the league. Anyway I think Robert Quinn was a good trade for y'all

Some are speculating this because of his massive cap number ($28m) and the Dolphins are in a bad cap situation right now. Suh is still an elite top 2/3 3-tech.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Some are speculating this because of his massive cap number ($28m) and the Dolphins are in a bad cap situation right now. Suh is still an elite top 2/3 3-tech.

Yep.  Great player but we are in full fledged cap limp mode because of his contract.  We can designate him a post June 1 cut and have $14 million in cap space.  Sure, then we have a big hole to fill but it's a buttload of money and if Suh is making our D stronger, I don't see it.  

The sun sentinel is reporting that the Dolphins are afraid that Charles Harris isn't suited to DE. They are saying that is what necessitated the Quinn trade. Harris was asked to bulk up to the 265 lb range, and has lost some speed and mobility because of this. Harris played at 250 lbs in college. He had good speed for a DE, but is slow when compared to OLB's in the NFL. Harris was easily erased in run support. He was also easily redirected by OT's when pass rushing. OT's and pulling G's were able to get their hands into his body, and stand him up. As Harris got more playing time, he wore down late in games. He also had a bad habit of picking the wrong lane against the run. Omar Kelly has went so far as to say that Harris should be moved to OLB. At any rate, Quinn isn't the replacement for Wake.

1 minute ago, ericsvibe said:

The sun sentinel is reporting that the Dolphins are afraid that Charles Harris isn't suited to DE. They are saying that is what necessitated the Quinn trade. Harris was asked to bulk up to the 265 lb range, and has lost some speed and mobility because of this. Harris played at 250 lbs in college. He had good speed for a DE, but is slow when compared to OLB's in the NFL. Harris was easily erased in run support. He was also easily redirected by OT's when pass rushing. OT's and pulling G's were able to get their hands into his body, and stand him up. As Harris got more playing time, he wore down late in games. He also had a bad habit of picking the wrong lane against the run. Omar Kelly has went so far as to say that Harris should be moved to OLB. At any rate, Quinn isn't the replacement for Wake.

So you're saying the Dolphins just realized about Harris what everyone else already knew prior to the draft?

3 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

Omar Kelly has went so far as to say that Harris should be moved to OLB.

Omar Kelly also once suggested that Reshad Jones add 20-30lbs of muscle (which he said would be "easy" since highschoolers do it all the time) and move to LB.

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

So you're saying the Dolphins just realized about Harris what everyone else already knew prior to the draft?

lmao

21 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I really did hate that pick.  Here's hoping he can show some improvement in year 2.

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

I really did hate that pick.  Here's hoping he can show some improvement in year 2.

So did I. DE was a position of strength for us, we had too many holes to use the pick on a situational pass rusher.

Harris was a guy who I thought would've been a nice piece for a 3-4 team... not so much us. A position change to Linebacker may help him, but he's still going to be a liability against the run.

Archived