Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I think for me it was maybe about 4-5 episode in where I really got into it. However, I don't think it's all that weak early. It just ends up being something that builds up the backstory that you need for the anime.

Is that the disaster room attack? If so, thats when I'd say it picks up and gets going. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Is that the disaster room attack? If so, thats when I'd say it picks up and gets going. 

Yeah, just before that. I think once you actually get into the classes it's more interesting than just the information you need to know to understand stuff from here on out.

5 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, just before that. I think once you actually get into the classes it's more interesting than just the information you need to know to understand stuff from here on out.

Agreed, especially once they introduce and you get to know the rest of Class 1-A. My favorite part of anime is large casts of characters that are dynamic and it makes you care about each and every one of them. 

Catching up more on MHA yesterday. The dorm episodes have been fun thus far and that's all I'll say about them, because it'll be spoiling stuff otherwise.

Also finished up Ghost Hunt. That was an enjoyable horror-esque anime. It was a solid ensemble cast and I liked the short 3-4 episode ghost hunt and then onto a new one.

Started watching A Certain Magical Index. Thus far I have been enjoying it, it's pretty silly.

Orange (B+) I decided to take a shounen break. I like the 13-episode, 1-season series, so I tried Orange. It's kind of emotional and gripping at points. A bit of a tearjerker. A girl gets a message from herself 10 years in the future. It states that her new friend she'll meet that day will kill himself in a few months, and it tries to suggest ways to break him out of his suicidal thoughts to avoid catastrophe. This series touches on a lot: Fatalism, friendship, Japanese school, Japanese HS dating etiquette, among other things. I recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Yes

And it was packed with fanboys flipping out over everything. Kinda annoying.

Same thing happened to me when I went to see Fate/Stay Heavens Feel. Neckbeards and Fanboys wouldn't shut up whenever their favorite character came on screen. The anime community can be so annoying sometimes.