Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

SLF looks really good, but feels pretty generic and doesn't really make you care about the characters aside from the cute rabbit. Like the only reason to like the MC is because he's good at games and not a jerk.
I prefer Unwanted Undead Adventurer, even though the action scenes aren't anything special.

Witch and the Beast is solid so far.

What I need is the next cour of Bleach.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jeezla said:

SLF looks really good, but feels pretty generic and doesn't really make you care about the characters aside from the cute rabbit. Like the only reason to like the MC is because he's good at games and not a jerk.
I prefer Unwanted Undead Adventurer, even though the action scenes aren't anything special.

Witch and the Beast is solid so far.

What I need is the next cour of Bleach.

My exact opinion.

If you want a sleeper action hit this season Ishura is fantastic.

The animation is garbage but the story, fight build up, politics, and character powers are super interesting. I'm pretty sure if it had decent animation it would be getting a lot more hype than it is.

Basically it's an ensemble of hyper overpowered characters in a battle royal with a political war playing out in the background.

Like for example how is a battle with one character that can speak anything into reality versus another that has a invisible guardian angel that insta kills anything that threatens him going to play out? It's pretty cool.

It does start slowly with the first 5ish episodes are just introductions for the whole cast but honestly getting to know them all just increases the hype for their inevitable clashes.

On 3/9/2024 at 7:47 AM, Geek said:

Tecmo and Duluther already summed it up beautifully so all I will say is RIP to a legend.

I think there needs to be a broader conversation in Japan about the amount of work output mangka are putting out and how it relates to their health. These guys shouldn't be dying so young. A few years ago we had Kentaro Muira (Berserk) possibly the GOAT of all mangaka die at 54, Torimiya at 68, and we likely have Togashi (Hunter x Hunter) (58 years old) following sooner rather than later. It just can't go on like this. How are they only living as long as football players with CTE?

For reference here is the schedule of Naruto's mangaka while he was publishing. We are talking about 3-6 hours of sleep a night for years with 0 free time. IIRC he didn't even go on a honeymoon with his wife until 12 years after they were married because that was the only vacation he had.

Then you have Oda (One Piece) whose schedule is something like:

Wake up at 5 a.m., start working.

Continue working through the day, only taking breaks for things like eating.

Go to bed at 2 a.m.

With :

Monday-Wednesday : Layout planning and character dialogue;

Thursday-Saturday : Drawing and inking;

Sunday : Coloring and other tasks.

It's just crazy to me that this is a thing. It seems the younger generation is taking their health more seriously but I'd hate to lose more genius from an unhealthy work culture.

That's a pretty crazy schedule for Oda. Especially for how long he's been working. 

More information came out on Toriyama. Apparently he did have a brain tumor. He was also a heavy smoker for decades. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it probably didn't help his chances at a longer life anyway. Still super sad.