Wide Receivers Best Route/Best Catch

Shylo3716

Route ex. (screen, crossing, quick out, slant, out route, in route, comeback, hitch, double move, corner, post, go route, fade)

Catch ex. (one-handed, over the shoulder, back-shoulder, sideline, jump-ball, two-hand grab)

Which is the best route run by the receivers listed below, and what is their favorite or best type of catch to complete?

Antonio Brown -

DeAndre Hopkins - 

Odell Beckham Jr. - 

Mike Evans -

Julio Jones -

A.J. Green -

Michael Thomas -

Amari Cooper -

Davante Adams -

Stefon Diggs -

Dez Bryant -

Demaryius Thomas -

T.Y. Hilton - 

Michael Crabtree -

Alshon Jeffrey -

Emmanuel Sanders -

Pierre Garçon -

Marvin Jones Jr. - 

Robert Woods - 

Robby Anderson - 

18 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

DeAndre Hopkins - Out Route, Quick Out, Comeback, Corner, Fade; One handed, jump ball, sideline toe tap

Don't know much about the rest of the guys, but Hopkins uses the sideline better than any receiver I've seen since Cris Carter. He has amazing hands and pulls off one handed grabs on a per-game basis nowadays and can get up over a DB to pull in jump balls.

He's not a burner, but he makes up for it in so many ways.

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Don't know much about the rest of the guys, but Hopkins uses the sideline better than any receiver I've seen since Cris Carter. He has amazing hands and pulls off one handed grabs on a per-game basis nowadays and can get up over a DB to pull in jump balls.

Jordy Nelson says heyyy

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I appreciate the feedback. For a moment, I thought this would be a dead thread because of the attention span from seeing a lengthy list of guys. I just wanted to give options for the everyone to pick who they wanted to choose from.

1 hour ago, GamedayGuru said:

Michael Thomas is basically unstoppable on the slant route. Too big. Quick and strong. 

Also very good on curls and out routes. Pure hands catcher.

I appreciate the feedback. Which type of catch is his best?

14 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

On the sideline...I will disagree with you there. As an overall WR, no question.

Admittedly, I don't have much in terms of watching Jordy. From what I have seen, he's great, no doubt.

The thing is, Hop just toes that sideline every single time. This past season, he took it to another level entirely - I'm usually good at telling when a guy is out vs when a guy is in, but Hop had me fooled this entire season, he was yanking things and tapping his feet like I've never seen before.

Here's a clip of some of his best plays - it doesn't include plays from this past season, but you can see he's got a special talent (along with a lot of his one handed catches):

https://youtu.be/6lhnSLG2_iI

I'll see if I can find some from this season...

On 3/9/2018 at 7:41 AM, Shylo3716 said:

I appreciate the feedback. Which type of catch is his best?

I wouldn't say he has a best exactly, but what he does have is very very secure and strong hands, he drops nothing, and he has a knack for high pointing balls or making tough catches in traffic. It's like his hands are so strong he kind of just plucks it out the air like its a bean bag or something. 

Antonio Brown - Go route/Over the shoulder

DeAndre Hopkins - Out route/Sideline

Odell Beckham Jr. - Corner and Post/One-handed

Mike Evans - Fade/Jump-ball

Julio Jones - Slant/Back-shoulder

A.J. Green - Corner and Post/Jump-ball

Michael Thomas - Crossing/Two-hand grab

Amari Cooper - Double move/Over the shoulder

Davante Adams - Slant/Back-shoulder

Stefon Diggs - Crossing/Sideline

Dez Bryant - Comeback/Back-shoulder

Demaryius Thomas - Screen/Over the shoulder