Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

Just now, cannondale said:

What happened is Randall's fault, not the Packers. Blame him.

Obviously he wasn't worth a roster spot any more or we would have let him play out his contract. 

OMG, am I talking to 19 walls? 

IT IS NOT ABOUT RANDALL.

Randall's fault.  Got it.  Trade him for a pick that would help recover from losing a corner, our weakest position.
Blame him.  Got it.  Trade him for a pick that would help recover from losing a corner, our weakest position.
He wasn't worth a roster spot anymore.  Got it.  Trade him for a pick that would help recover from losing a corner, our weakest position.

It is not about losing Damarious Wayne Randall, born August 29th, 1992 in Pensacola, Florida.  It is about losing..

A CORNERBACK.

And not getting anything to help us add another

CORNERBACK.

When our weakest position in 2016 was

CORNERBACK.

When our weakest position on defense in 2017 was

CORNERBACK.

Doesn't even have to be a cornerback.  We add another hole to fill?  Okay, use him to fill a different hole.  TE.  WR.  GUARD. 

We made a hole, and to compensate for that hole, we made a hole a little less deep at backup QB. 

Just now, Leader said:

We already have CBs on the roster. People are talking as if DR was the only CB around.

This is a fantastic point.  If one cornerback is on the field at a time.  Or two at a time.  That's not the case. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

OMG, am I talking to 19 walls? 

IT IS NOT ABOUT RANDALL.

Randall's fault.  Got it.  Trade him for a pick that would help recover from losing a corner, our weakest position.
Blame him.  Got it.  Trade him for a pick that would help recover from losing a corner, our weakest position.
He wasn't worth a roster spot anymore.  Got it.  Trade him for a pick that would help recover from losing a corner, our weakest position.

It is not about losing Damarious Wayne Randall, born August 29th, 1992 in Pensacola, Florida.  It is about losing..

A CORNERBACK.

And not getting anything to help us add another

CORNERBACK.

When our weakest position in 2016 was

CORNERBACK.

When our weakest position on defense in 2017 was

CORNERBACK.

Doesn't even have to be a cornerback.  We add another hole to fill?  Okay, use him to fill a different hole.  TE.  WR.  GUARD. 

We made a hole, and to compensate for that hole, we made a hole a little less deep at backup QB. 

Blood pressure meds might come in handy right about now.....

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just not sure how anybody looked at Kizer and thought "Super Bowl winning QB" now or in the future. 

I don't know if anyone here thinks that.  Kizer is a developmental QB that is better than Hundley.  It would have been nice to get more for Randall but for all we know this is the best deal we could get for him.  Not too long ago folks were calling for him to be cut outright so at least we got something for him.   

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is a fantastic point.  If one cornerback is on the field at a time.  Or two at a time.  That's not the case. 

Come on HZ. You gonna beat this to death forever.

We have to replace DR.

One player.

Thru trade, FA or the draft - then add some depth.

Stuff like this happens every off season.

Ease off on the "irreplaceability" of DR angles. He wasnt and isnt - meaning - he can be replaced.

Just now, Leader said:

Ease off on the "irreplaceability" of DR angles. He wasnt and isnt - meaning - he can be replaced.

For the love of God, it's not about replacing Randall.  We need 5 corners.  We had 3.  We traded one.  Now instead of having to add 2, we have to add 3.  We have X amount of money to do this.  Randall only cost 2 million.

You really can't put this in simpler terms. 

10 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

You're trying to reason with someone who believes that having 2-3 CB could be enough. 

That's never what bruh. I said starting caliber CB's you might only need 2-3 and a lot of that depends on pass rush. Depth can be had elsewhere in the draft and does not need to be a first round pick!

And I get zeniths point, I got it before he explained it 50 times like it's a new perspective. The fact is we need to wait to see how they replace him. You guys have some serious anxiety problems lol all up in arms because they haven't replaced Randall yet. And ya ya I get it, now we have to get TWO cornerbacks in a stacked draft and FA class. In other words, it's game over man.

Man the anti trade camp is as hostile as the pro Ted and capers camp was all those years. Take some Prozac and chill out for a week

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

For the love of God, it's not about replacing Randall.  We need 5 corners.  We had 3.  We traded one.  Now instead of having to add 2, we have to add 3.  We have X amount of money to do this.  Randall only cost 2 million.

You really can't put this in simpler terms. 

Free agency right around the corner. Draft right around the corner. Plenty of chances to get these cornerbacks. It just means we cannot double up on drafting other positions

Archived