Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

I'm always right. 

Just now, Leader said:

WOW. Did you just comment some variation about "being right" in four straight sentences?  How appropriate you end your post with the word "right" - it just fits somehow.
Here - let me help get you through the day - you're right. About all of it. Always.

There ya go. Check me off the list :)

When I'm quadruple right, I say it quadruple times.  I had one request and you couldn't even follow that one request. 

3 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Do you think Kizer is better than Hundley? If so, how much better?

From what I have seen so far, it is a lateral move.  Now the team has to find at least 2 starting corners in the draft, FA, or internal player progression.

My eyes last year saw potential in Kizer. There were some really bad moments, but there were also times that I said to myself...this kid could be good. I NEVER felt that way about Hundley...NEVER. Hundley is stiff and just does not look like a NFL QB. I see it as a major upgrade, but I don't think it fixes the Backup QB situation.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm always right. 

When I'm quadruple right, I say it quadruple times.  I had one request and you couldn't even follow that one request. 

Nope. I did you one better. I gave you carte blanche - blanket coverage.  You're always right.
Ahhhhhhhhhh......social media nirvana has been achieved :)

1 minute ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Does anyone have a link to the story about the players not liking Randall? I saw it here first, and then I saw it repeated.  Did I miss a story?

I haven't heard anything about other players, but I have seen HaHa call out players for not taking accountability (quick Google search will find you this). 

22 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No, my analogy literally covered other positions.  Also...

Backup QB position is a hole that is at the top of the boat.  If water starts pouring into that hole, you are already ****ed. 

Fair point, it's a plug that hopefully never needs to be used, as it requires another plug to give way before it's needed. That being said, it can be the most crucial plug, as it fills a very big hole.  Case in point, while they wouldn't have sunk as quickly as the Packers' boat did, the Eagles would not have been able to win the Super Bowl if they had Hundley as their backup QB.

Just now, Pilprin said:

My eyes last year saw potential in Kizer. There were some really bad moments, but there were also times that I said to myself...this kid could be good. I NEVER felt that way about Hundley...NEVER. Hundley is stiff and just does not look like a NFL QB. I see it as a major upgrade, but I don't think it fixes the Backup QB situation.

Never? Hundley's game against the Steelers is better than anything Kizer has done.

I can't change your opinion, I just think you are using some of that "50/50 hindsight."

30 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No, my analogy literally covered other positions.  Also...

Backup QB position is a hole that is at the top of the boat.  If water starts pouring into that hole, you are already ****ed. 

It's actually the exact opposite. QB is the biggest hole of them all, right at the bottom. Once that one opens up, then all the other ones are exposed, and quick. If you are able to improve your backup QB, ie make the QB hole smaller, then the other holes aren't exposed as much. 

Kizer isn't a 2018 upgrade. I think everyone realizes that. He needs time and development, which was robbed from him last year.

I am going to wait to see what Gute does. Now that Randall is gone, Pat Robinson becomes an option for us, and he was arguably the best inside corner in the NFL last year. We need 2 or 3 corners who are able to add significant snaps. I'm not terribly comfortable with Hawkins, Pipkins or Goodson being CB4, so likely 3. But FA hasn't even started, so let's see how this goes

4 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

I haven't heard anything about other players, but I have seen HaHa call out players for not taking accountability (quick Google search will find you this). 

I have seen this too.  I just saw the exit interviews being referenced earlier last night and it was news to me.  

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm always right. 

You just need to not overreact to one move and see how this plays out. If at the end of free agency, then be mad. But don't be mad at everyone else in here for respecting the process and being willing to wait and see what other moves our BRAND NEW GM is going to make. Take a comprehensive approach. 

11 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Does anyone have a link to the story about the players not liking Randall? I saw it here first, and then I saw it repeated.  Did I miss a story?

Some players suggested that he should be released after the Bears game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/43983/brett-hundley-has-competition-packers-cornerback-room-has-holes-after-trade

There was strong sentiment in the locker room at that time to give Randall the boot -- sources said McCarthy's committee of veteran players suggested that Randall be released -- but the Packers stood by him. He responded with a stretch of three straight games with an interception and finished with a team-high four picks, but he missed the final two games with a knee injury that some in the organization thought he could have played through. Then, Randall was critical of defensive coordinator Dom Capers, who was fired after the season.

Archived