Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

12 hours ago, Green19 said:

Disagree. It’s clear by players comments, accountability was an issue. Mike Daniels pretty much said so. My gut says players didn’t like Randall because he got a pass from coaches.

And his miscommunication in the secondary hurt others, like a Haha, etc.

Addition by subtraction is a thing. Lesser talent but better communication and accountability might go along way with the group.

Didn't he get benched twice? Is that a pass? I know what you mean but it's not like he wasn't benched or anything

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Maybe they tried. Trade deadline is end of October which is right when Randall started to turn it around (before getting in the doghouse again late in the season).

In hindsight it may have been the best time to trade him after week 7 last year, but that's with obviously huge advantage of hindsight.

Maybe MM went to TT and said they should trade Randall and TT said, "what's a trade?"

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah if you're some kind of eternal pessimist. We have plenty of avenues to create cap space. 

I'm not a pessimist AT ALL and I agree with everything he's said though...

How many times have I ever been mad at our moves... Like never. This just sucks.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Didn't he get benched twice? Is that a pass? I know what you mean but it's not like he wasn't benched or anything

And he took the benching poorly. I think like any place of business other see and judge those not pulling their weight.

Randall clearly had issues and got playing time because of potential and draft status.

I get he got “punished” but let’s also understand it’s how you “take that punishment” that matters. More so in the eyes of his teammates.

13 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

He does have more upside.. But it's hard to convince to that if Rodgers goes down next year he's gonna help you win more games that Brett would. That's my lean anyways.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that mentality.  Does this make the 2018 Packers better?  Probably not.  But I tend to look more at this long-term.  What happens if Kizer makes those significant growth this offseason, and balls out and we deal him a year from now for a Day 2 pick.  Do we not look at this deal in a better light?  I think that's why you have to wait until the dust from the offseason settles before you can fully evaluate this deal.  

12 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Hundley was a 52 MPH

I knew these were coming.. Go look up them historically. If you know arm strength and those numbers you'll see how terrible they are. Those numbers aren't from a carnival game where you throw as hard as you can. They are pretty useless compared to just watching

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm not a pessimist AT ALL and I agree with everything he's said though...

How many times have I ever been mad at our moves... Like never. This just sucks.

Did this move make us better this year? No. Did I love it? No. Am I excited as hell to watch Kizer learn from Rodgers and spin it in camp/preseason? Yes. 

That's my stance right now. 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

When exactly was his height of his trade value?

April 25th 2015, exactly 4 minutes after the 30th nfl draft selection was made. ?

kidding of course... but here is the messed up part by only alittle though.

31 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

So why did we get a worse one? Kizer has way more potential, not convinced he's any better for 018 season

I think we still need time to see Kizer develop and I think we've seen enough of Hundley to tell he wont succeed in this league.

Archived