Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hmmmmmmmm I see SSG has posted and have to prepare myself for that little bit of rain that falls on everyones life. Least you didnt use the term "dumpster fire" so I'm taking that as a positive :)

I call it like I see it.  Not everyone has a rainbow and butterflies look on everything.  You've never seen a Packer who you didn't view as an all pro.  Lets get real... You'd have called Randall a pro Bowl caliber player if you were asked last week.  The ONLY reason you are down on him now is because he isn't a Packer.  You've talked him up for the entirety of the last 3 years :)  

9 minutes ago, Green19 said:

If he gets Wilkerson and Johnson would that be winning now?

He can do both. Give him time to see the full plan.

Sure. But he could have gotten someone to help now for Randall too. That's all I'm saying. 

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I've always wondered if dumpsters ever actually get set on fire

Last week of college in Los Angeles the dumpster behind my place caught fire twice. Had never seen one before it.

That was a weird week haha.

Man that Kiser int video is awful. Like most of the throws he had a relatively clean pocket and either just sailed balls or misread coverage. He obviously wasn’t ready to start, but how much above the shoulders can you teach?

I am a little bummed Randall got traded but not devastated. He has been so up and down and needed a change of scenery. I feel like he could turn it around. 

This traded improved draft capital slightly, and gave us a cheap option on a rookie deal to be backup

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Sure. But he could have gotten someone to help now for Randall too. That's all I'm saying. 

I get it. But it’s a balance. Maybe he knows he can get guys now in free agency and the only way he could get a young solid QB prospect was thru trade.

Again I get if you disagree with their valuing of Kizer as a prospect. And if you’re right that will mean their jobs. They take on all the risk.

Which is why I’m interested to see how it plays out.

16 minutes ago, Green19 said:

If he gets Wilkerson and Johnson would that be winning now?

He can do both. Give him time to see the full plan.

That would be great but we can't afford both.  Its either one or the other IMO.  Now with the massive hole we have at CB, we're back into a corner where we will need to throw a significant amount of assets at CB this coming offseason.  We're going to need to treat the CB position like Matt Miller treated the WR position.  Right now we've got King and a bunch of practice squad caliber CBs on our roster.  

1 minute ago, pacman5252 said:

Man that Kiser int video is awful. Like most of the throws he had a relatively clean pocket and either just sailed balls or misread coverage. He obviously wasn’t ready to start, but how much above the shoulders can you teach?

I am a little bummed Randall got traded but not devastated. He has been so up and down and needed a change of scenery. I feel like he could turn it around. 

This traded improved draft capital slightly, and gave us a cheap option on a rookie deal to be backup

It's an INT reel. I'm not sure what it's supposed to prove. "Man those INTs look good." They're bad throws, he's 21. If you watched Favre's INTs you'd probably think he went down as the worst QB in NFL history.

Same with how highlight reels make everyone look like the GOAT.

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

That would be great but we can't afford both.  Its either one or the other IMO.  Now with the massive hole we have at CB, we're back into a corner where we will need to throw a significant amount of assets at CB this coming offseason.  We're going to need to treat the CB position like Matt Miller treated the WR position.  Right now we've got King and a bunch of practice squad caliber CBs on our roster.  

We currently have 70+ m next year in cap and 110+ in 2020. We can fit both.

Just now, SSG said:

That would be great but we can't afford both.  Its either one or the other IMO.  Now with the massive hole we have at CB, we're back into a corner where we will need to throw a significant amount of assets at CB.  Right now we've got King and a bunch of practice squad caliber CBs on our roster.  

Who said? Who knows what they have plan. They could restructure clay and Jordy tomorrow. They could sign Rodgers soon.., cap space can be made.

Also everyone looks at this year’s cap... next year don’t we have like 80 million? They can easily move it around.

With Ball in that position I’m not too worried. If they want guys... they will go for them.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

I call it like I see it.  Not everyone has a rainbow and butterflies look on everything.  You've never seen a Packer who you didn't view as an all pro.  Lets get real... You'd have called Randall a pro Bowl caliber player if you were asked last week.  The ONLY reason you are down on him now is because he isn't a Packer.  You've talked him up for the entirety of the last 3 years :)  

Actually - none of that is correct.

I - not unlike a number of folks - was encouraged by his rookie performance. Although, I do recall you had reservations....oft stated.

I - contrary to a number of folks - was cutting him slack his Sophomore year - as I attributed his drop off to injuries. I recall you stayed pretty down on the guy.

I - contrary to a number of folks - was dialing back my enthusiasm in year three. I figured it WASNT just an injury related decline - although he remained stedfast in an ability to come up with INTs - not (mind you) because his coverage was much better - far from that - but he always had a knack for closing on the play and taking advantage of errant passes.

And that - in totality - encapsulates the transition of my feelings on DR.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's an INT reel. I'm not sure what it's supposed to prove. "Man those INTs look good." They're bad throws, he's 21. If you watched Favre's INTs you'd probably think he went down as the worst QB in NFL history.

Same with how highlight reels make everyone look like the GOAT.

I  agree to an extent though people are making it sound like Kizer's terrible season was the result of the players around him.  Reality is very few of his INTs were the result of bad protection or bad WRs.  Most of the INTs were due to a general ineptness from Kizer.  Hopefully we can fix stupid.

The last two times I was this mad was when we cut the Viking Killer for Brett ******* Swain and when we kept Harrell after he had a perfect rating against the chiefs.

I only get pissed about things that truly matter

Archived