Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Without looking it up, who were his top 3 WRs last year?  I'd be willing to bet that outside of Josh Gordon you probably couldn't name a single one.

Oh I'm fully aware that Cleveland didn't have great talent at WR.  Coleman was hurt a lot of the year and Gordon was suspended.  Higgins is nothing to write home about.  BUT Duke Johnson is an elite pass catching RB and that rookie TE from the U (name starts with a N) is more talented than any TE we've got on the roster.  While his WRs weren't great, they had talent on the offense. I don't agree with the idea that Kizer couldn't keep from giving the ball to the other team because of the guys around him.  QB play was Cleveland's biggest issue last year.  

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Oh I'm fully aware that Cleveland didn't have great talent at WR.  Coleman was hurt a lot of the year and Gordon was suspended.  Higgins is nothing to write home about.  BUT Duke Johnson is an elite pass catching RB and that rookie TE from the U (name starts with a N) is more talented than any TE we've got on the roster.  While his WRs weren't great, they had talent on the offense. I don't agree with the idea that Kizer couldn't keep from giving the ball to the other team because of the guys around him.  QB play was Cleveland's biggest issue last year.  

Cleveland had a myriad of issues that you could blame, and Kizer was a part of those problems.  But QB play wasn't the only issue.  They went 0-16 for a reason.  But let's put the entire thing in context.  He just turned 22 years old, which means he went through the 2017 season as a 21 year old.  He was put into the starting lineup as a rookie knowing he wasn't ready, and failed miserably.  Is anyone really surprised?  He was a project coming out of Notre Dame, and nothing that happened in 2017 showed anything other than that.  Expecting him to even succeed was a lofty goal especially given the state of the Browns roster.

Just now, packfanfb said:

More I think about it, I would have liked this trade A LOT more had we gotten Coleman for Randall. Would have made sense too if we move on from either Cobb or Jordy.

I would have liked it more if we literally traded Randall AND Cobb for Coleman. 

Hey, not sure if anyone has stated this or not, but per Jason Straetz of Packers Talk.com, Randall was a poison in the locker room.  Many veterans wanted him gone after the Bears game. So they didn't plan on keeping him for long.  Kizer and moving up in the 4th and 5th rounds is better then letting him walk after next year.  They have a plan, have faith.

14 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Randy Moss thread ain't got nothing on Damarious Randall traded to the Browns. 

Agreed. The Moss thread just had speculation, anticipation and ultimately heartbreak.

This one has all of the above...plus, romance, campaign investments (see URL), big reveal twists (draft pick exchange, Shelton being traded afterwards, etc.), etc.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Cleveland had a myriad of issues that you could blame, and Kizer was a part of those problems.  But QB play wasn't the only issue.  They went 0-16 for a reason.  But let's put the entire thing in context.  He just turned 22 years old, which means he went through the 2017 season as a 21 year old.  He was put into the starting lineup as a rookie knowing he wasn't ready, and failed miserably.  Is anyone really surprised?  He was a project coming out of Notre Dame, and nothing that happened in 2017 showed anything other than that.  Expecting him to even succeed was a lofty goal especially given the state of the Browns roster.

I  didn't say QB play was their only issue but it was easily their biggest issue. Kizer made very little improvements over the season.  He was making the same stupid decisions late in the season (2 TDs and 5 INTs in his last 3 games) that he was making early in the season.  You aren't going to win many games when your QB turns the ball over 27 times.

Time will tell but Kizer is MAJOR project.  We aren't any better off at QB right now than we were last week.

Archived