2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

3 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Really early and they could still flounder, but Huddersfield looks pretty solid. 7 points from the first 3 games, and 3 clean sheets. Not a bad debut for your first time in the big league.

Looking at the competition for relegation they've been far more impressive 

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

Last week I said to myself, the man isn't making it to Christmas.  At the rate West Ham are going though, I'm starting to wonder if he sees November.

Yup, I think I said he wouldn't make it to December but it's not looking like he'll even make it to October. They've got to sack him, that's a decent squad and they have been shambolic in all their matches so far 

11 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Yup, I think I said he wouldn't make it to December but it's not looking like he'll even make it to October. They've got to sack him, that's a decent squad and they have been shambolic in all their matches so far 

It's so odd how's managers can go from success to failure at one club. He was the man for them just two years ago. 

Completely dominant first half by Chelsea. Everton have yet to touch the ball in the box. 

Morata has been unimpressive yet has a goal and assist, the sign of a good striker. His possession retention has been poor and he has been too soft, going to have to do a better job holding off CB. 

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

It's so odd how's managers can go from success to failure at one club. He was the man for them just two years ago. 

Not only that, but his Besiktas teams were known for their defensive organization.  Now West Ham's defense is just shambles; I wonder if he's lost the dressing room Ranieri-style?

Everton's midfield is lacking.  I don't think Davies is good enough to play as a holding midfielder, he should be further up in an attacking role.  Also, Gylfi on the flanks is just wrong.  Seems like Koeman is trying to shoehorn his best players into unnatural positions.

I know people will want to blame Wenger but frankly this falls on the players. They really look like they don't give a ****. Welbeck is trying but meh and Holding as well but he just looks completely out of his element but everyone else couldn't careless. To some degree that falls on Wenger but act like a ******* professional and do your job.

Archived