2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

Wenger at half should sub out Welbeck for Coquelin and move to a 433, or a 3-5-1-1 if he wants to stay with 3 at the back. They need to shore up the midfield but they are getting run over. Let Ramsey move forward more without giving up a free breakaway if they lose possession. 

4 minutes ago, teamorange said:

I know people will want to blame Wenger but frankly this falls on the players. They really look like they don't give a ****. Welbeck is trying but meh and Holding as well but he just looks completely out of his element but everyone else couldn't careless. To some degree that falls on Wenger but act like a ******* professional and do your job.

I'd blame both. The players definitely should atleast be up to play this. Ramsey's effort has been piss poor. Way too many players have been casual with the ball, just losing it to our press. I thought Holding played fairly decent, Monreal is struggling against Salah. Ox seems lost at RWB. He's out of position more often than not. Ozil has disappeared in a big game. Again.

The majority of this Arsenal team has checked out, and Wenger isn't helping either.

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

I'd blame both. The players definitely should atleast be up to play this. Ramsey's effort has been piss poor. Way too many players have been casual with the ball, just losing it to our press. I thought Holding played fairly decent, Monreal is struggling against Salah. Ox seems lost at RWB. He's out of position more often than not. Ozil has disappeared in a big game. Again.

The majority of this Arsenal team has checked out, and Wenger isn't helping either.

Holding could've done better to prevent the second goal. You have to know your opponent (you can put that one on coaching if he doesn't know but if Wenger told him then that's on Holding), Mane is looking to cut in their 100% of the time. Protect the cut back and give him the end line and trust that Kos/Cech will defend the cross. 

16 minutes ago, teamorange said:

I know people will want to blame Wenger but frankly this falls on the players. They really look like they don't give a ****. Welbeck is trying but meh and Holding as well but he just looks completely out of his element but everyone else couldn't careless. To some degree that falls on Wenger but act like a ******* professional and do your job.

A manager of Wenger's experience should know better than playing a midfield duo of Xhaka and Ramsey away to Liverpool behind Sanchez and Ozil. Klopp doesn't hide his teams MO, with Firminio always dropping into the gap between the CB's and the Midfield, it's basically 4 on 2 out there. Coupled with Ramsey and Xhaka's poor defensive aptitude its no surprise they're getting run ragged.

The Players have been woeful, but this tactical naivety is equally unacceptable.

Fortunately for Arsenal, Liverpool can't defend, they can still get back in this.

Just now, Magnifico said:

A manager of Wenger's experience should know better than playing a midfield duo of Xhaka and Ramsey away to Liverpool behind Sanchez and Ozil. Klopp doesn't hide his teams MO, with Firminio always dropping into the gap between the CB's and the Midfield, it's basically 4 on 2 out there. Coupled with Ramsey and Xhaka's poor defensive aptitude its no surprise they're getting run ragged.

The Players have been woeful, but this tactical naivety is equally unacceptable.

I think the tactics aren't great but the fact that Ramsey is walking around is making it so much worse.

2 minutes ago, teamorange said:

I think the tactics aren't great but the fact that Ramsey is walking around is making it so much worse.

Yeh the Arsenal team confuse me constantly. Some weeks it looks like they're going all out for Wenger, other weeks it's like he's completely lost the dressing room. As @texans_uk said, they should have replaced him and moved on.

2 minutes ago, teamorange said:

Yeh the Arsenal team confuse me constantly. Some weeks it looks like they're going all out for Wenger, other weeks it's like he's completely lost the dressing room. As @texans_uk said, they should have replaced him and moved on.

1 minute ago, Magnifico said:

Completely agree. I have been saying he should've been fired 2-3 season ago. But this performance isn't on Wenger.

Archived