2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

Just now, texans_uk said:

What's happened?! Cahill off 

He got sent off on a super weak challenge just because his studs were up (the studs never made contact). I get the idea of penalizing people for going in studs up but it was extremely soft. Then Cesc was shown a yellow a few moments later for 'dissent' because he clapped after another poor call. Alonso also picked up a a yellow less than 2 minutes into the game. Looks like it could be a rough season.

Just now, texans_uk said:

Yeah and with Butland between the sticks they should be solid at the back. 

Selling Arnautavic and Walters leaves them short up front, they can't lean on Crouch again. 

You wouldn't think so but who knows. Allen and Fletcher seem to be a good combination in midfield.

Huddersfield just went 2-0 up in a matter of minutes, I really want them to stay up!

1 minute ago, Imarobot said:

He got sent off on a super weak challenge just because his studs were up (the studs never made contact). I get the idea of penalizing people for going in studs up but it was extremely soft. Then Cesc was shown a yellow a few moments later for 'dissent' because he clapped after another poor call. Alonso also picked up a a yellow less than 2 minutes into the game. Looks like it could be a rough season.

I guess Tomas Kalas is a Chelsea player after all, he got sent up 30 seconds into our match. 

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Unreal. I'm amazed that their defense has just capitulated the way it has. Is it all bad defending or just being dominated in possession?

It has just been lapses in defense and the consequence of being down to 10 men. Rudiger and Christensen have both looked great and Alonso seems to be carrying on from last season. David Luiz is David Luiz. Honestly our midfield and our right hand side are going to give us problems this season.

Archived