2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

44 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

No way, you're better than that. Being a United fan is like being a Pats fan.

Absolutely.

Their performance today only further confirms my feeling that they are the main title favorites. Another winger and the squad looks pretty damn good.

21 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Absolutely.

Their performance today only further confirms my feeling that they are the main title favorites. Another winger and the squad looks pretty damn good.

Yeah I was not expecting that strong of a performance. They look brilliantly and I think Lukaku is going to be able to get them some of those goals against some of those lower table sides that they drew against last year. 

9 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Hey I resent that!

Sorry bud, but it's true. Eventually people will forget about it, like they did with Chelsea after Roman arrived. But let's face it nobody out the UK knew there was 2 clubs in Manchester before 2008.

13 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Sorry bud, but it's true. Eventually people will forget about it, like they did with Chelsea after Roman arrived. But let's face it nobody out the UK knew there was 2 clubs in Manchester before 2008.

I guess I can agree with that, my brother always been a united fan so i rooted for city just to spite him. But my family is portuguese and so is most of the city I live in, so Sporting will always be my #1 team. Isnt as much worse as everyone around me being just Barca, Madrid fans as their #2 behind their choice of the Big 3 of portugal.

16 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I'd rather root for a club that no one knew about than the most boringly dominant side in the country. People are free to root for whoever they want but I personally wouldn't want to follow a club like United. At least City got to be the underdogs for a while, that is a lot more interesting than "great club wins another title". 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I'd rather root for a club that no one knew about than the most boringly dominant side in the country. People are free to root for whoever they want but I personally wouldn't want to follow a club like United. At least City got to be the underdogs for a while, that is a lot more interesting than "great club wins another title". 

I agree people are free to support whoever they want and as a United fan from London, who went to lots of homes and away games I used to get tired of hearing the same rhetoric about "cockney mancs".

Just making the point that anybody following City in recent years will be labelled.

Also, City were never the underdogs once the billions rolled in.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah I couldn't actually root for them but they are big and physical and really skilled. Them or Manchester City should win the league.

They could do, but it's only the first game of the season. I think United are a very good team, but I wouldn't overreact to one home game against an atrocious West Ham.

8 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Interesting, I only caught the second half of the match but there were a couple times where I caught myself thinking "if that was Walker he'd have been there on the overlap". Definitely not a bad performance just thought it seemed like it was a little bit of a step down from Walker which is completely expected. You are right about them denying space out wide though, Davies had a really hard time contributing going forward down the left as well. 

Walker would have overlaped and put a terrible cross in that went to nobody haha. KWP built the play nicely. I don't want to overreact to one game, but he didn't look out of place.

40 minutes ago, kempus said:

They could do, but it's only the first game of the season. I think United are a very good team, but I wouldn't overreact to one home game against an atrocious West Ham.

Exactly. Perfect example is people already ruling out Chelsea after one game. We started out last season like crap too, and surely we'll have a few more signings come in. Lets give it a few weeks before we start saying that United or City are definitely going to win the league.

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

I agree people are free to support whoever they want and as a United fan from London, who went to lots of homes and away games I used to get tired of hearing the same rhetoric about "cockney mancs".

Just making the point that anybody following City in recent years will be labelled.

Also, City were never the underdogs once the billions rolled in.

Totally agree. I did like that City added to the title race and top four but it is hard to be considered underdogs when you have the income of an entire country behind the club. 

Just now, Imarobot said:

Exactly. Perfect example is people already ruling out Chelsea after one game. We started out last season like crap too, and surely we'll have a few more signings come in. Lets give it a few weeks before we start saying that United or City are definitely going to win the league.

Agreed and West Ham were absolutely awful. I actually do think Chelsea have a bit of a rough season though. I think the addition of European football and another year for teams to get used to their system are going to get tougher. I still expect them to finish top four but I don't know how tough of a title challenge they'll provide. Obviously just speculation though. 

22 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Agreed and West Ham were absolutely awful. I actually do think Chelsea have a bit of a rough season though. I think the addition of European football and another year for teams to get used to their system are going to get tougher. I still expect them to finish top four but I don't know how tough of a title challenge they'll provide. Obviously just speculation though. 

Yeah, I think it will be much more difficult for Chelsea, this season. They don't have much depth and one or two injuries could hit them very hard. Similar to Spurs.

Archived