Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

I think people are reading way too much into Elway saying he’s open to trading the pick. That’s what every GM or player personnel will tell you. Macc every draft says he looks into trading up, staying out and trading back. It’s what there job is to do. Gage interest and see if it’s worth it. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think people are reading way too much into Elway saying he’s open to trading the pick. That’s what every GM or player personnel will tell you. Macc every draft says he looks into trading up, staying out and trading back. It’s what there job is to do. Gage interest and see if it’s worth it. 

I still think he’s trading up to 2 and snagging a QB personally

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

The 6-7 guys thing is just Bowles not saying anything to the media.  He doesn't care what they think or report as long as he doesn't give away any info

Bills fans would be pissed if they traded up to 5, which wouldn't be cheap, and then traded again from 5 to 2 which would be even more expensive.  That team has lots of holes after all of the guys that they traded away in order to move up for a QB this year, which was then followed by 2 of their O linemen retiring.  If I was the Bills i would sit at 12 and wait and see who falls to me, if none of the top 4 fall take LJ.

I think the Bills getting to 5 is a good option for them (Not that I want was is best for them). But they can get their with their two 1's and maybe their late 3rd round pick. Then they'll have two 2's and one 3rd rounder to build around that QB. That's not bad at all. Especially if they have Allen as their number 2 guy and Allen is available at 5. 

Why are so many of you concerned about the Bills or Broncos trading up to 2? Trust me we are the only team dumb enough to trade up and draft Mayfield. So if they’re trading up it will more than likely be for Rosen or Darnold. Which 90% of you want Mayfield so it won’t affect us 1 bit in your eyes them trading up.

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Why are so many of you concerned about the Bills or Broncos trading up to 2? Trust me we are the only team dumb enough to trade up and draft Mayfield. So if they’re trading up it will more than likely be for Rosen or Darnold. Which 90% of you want Mayfield so it won’t affect us 1 bit in your eyes them trading up.

Most of us want Rosen but are fine with Mayfield.

9 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Most of us want Rosen but are fine with Mayfield.

As am I. But it appears more want Mayfield more and more as it’s approaching. It also appears that one of Darnold or Rosen will be there at 3. Meaning that if we draft Mayfield (I and others) will think it’s absolutely the wrong pick. So while I’ll be ok with drafting Mayfield. I see the chance of me liking the pick bc of the likelihood of one of those other 2 being there at 3. There salao a string chance both are there, which would make choosing him even worse.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Why are we the only team "dumb" enough to trade up?  What would've happened if Allen went one, Darnold two, Colts traded out and someone took Rosen at 3, and Denver took Mayfield at 5?  We'd be stuck with Lamar.  Nobody is "concerned" about the Bills/Broncos trading up.  It's more trying to figure out if Darnold can make it to three or not.

33 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Why are we the only team "dumb" enough to trade up?  What would've happened if Allen went one, Darnold two, Colts traded out and someone took Rosen at 3, and Denver took Mayfield at 5?  We'd be stuck with Lamar.  Nobody is "concerned" about the Bills/Broncos trading up.  It's more trying to figure out if Darnold can make it to three or not.

That would have been the absolute worse case scenario that was very unlikely as well. Si could it have happened? Yes. Likely to happen? No. Hence why I say trading up for Mayfield isn't the smartest decision if you ask me. I said from the get go I'd be OK with him at 6, but to trade up for him and to still have one of Darnold or Rosen 100% available (more than likely if the Browns go Allen at 1) I just don't see as a smart drafting strategy. 3 2nd Rounders all for a guy that actually stood a decent chance of being there still at 6? No thank you. Now if we traded up for Darnold or Rosen... that's a whole other story. I've said all along Ill cheer and get on board no matter who we draft at QB at 3, bc I don't think any of these guys are awful. But I certainly will not be cheering for the pick if we take Mayfield with one of those 2 on the board. And based on media (take it for what its worth) is that we are 100% going in on Mayfield. Which as I have stated IMO wouldn't be a good pick.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That would have been the absolute worse case scenario that was very unlikely as well. Si could it have happened? Yes. Likely to happen? No. Hence why I say trading up for Mayfield isn't the smartest decision if you ask me. I said from the get go I'd be OK with him at 6, but to trade up for him and to still have one of Darnold or Rosen 100% available (more than likely if the Browns go Allen at 1) I just don't see as a smart drafting strategy. 3 2nd Rounders all for a guy that actually stood a decent chance of being there still at 6? No thank you. Now if we traded up for Darnold or Rosen... that's a whole other story. I've said all along Ill cheer and get on board no matter who we draft at QB at 3, bc I don't think any of these guys are awful. But I certainly will not be cheering for the pick if we take Mayfield with one of those 2 on the board. And based on media (take it for what its worth) is that we are 100% going in on Mayfield. Which as I have stated IMO wouldn't be a good pick.

There's still a chance and you can't take the chance.  And from most reports, it sounds like teams are higher than Mayfield than Rosen at this point.  Who knows if it's true, but if it is, he wouldn't have made it to 6.  There's clearly a reason why Rosen is projected to be the fourth QB taken when most consider him the most NFL ready.  Whether teams aren't comfortable with his injury history or attitude, there's clearly something there, so you can judge Mac all you want.  He's clearly not the only one passing on Rosen who could free fall to the teens next Thursday.

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean, like you said....it's all your opinion. To some, I'm sure trading up to get your guy (if that's Baker) is perfectly fine. If we draft Baker & he leads up to a Super Bowl in his career here, nobody would care. I don't mind it at all. If that's who we identified as our guy, then idc. We don't know who other teams are targeting. Maybe the Colts were in talks with other teams to trade up to #3 & have them draft Baker. We don't know, so it's poor to assume it's a bad idea to trade up for Baker but good for Rosen & Darnold. On what base?

Not sure how anyone can be ademant that one of these three guys is going to be better than the other. I would practically grade them the same. There are also legitimate scouts/organizations that have each one of them rated number one on their board.

Like most, I have my preferred QB. But I don't see us going wrong with any of the three. 

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Not sure how anyone can be ademant that one of these three guys is going to be better than the other. I would practically grade them the same. There are also legitimate scouts/organizations that have each one of them rated number one on their board.

Like most, I have my preferred QB. But I don't see us going wrong with any of the three. 

My whole thing is that if the beat reporters are right and a lot of teams pass on Rosen, there’s clearly concerns there. I’ve said all along that I’d take Rosen over Mayfield personally but most beat reporters seem to have Mayfield over Rosen which is alarming. Rosen is the most nfl ready and Mayfield has maturity issues and is short. Clearly there’s more to the naked eye here. My gut says that Rosen’s attitude is turning teams off. My personal fear with him if that he’ll get hurt in a few years and call it quits. But honestly, who knows. 

Archived