Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

I’ve came to the realization that the Mayfield fans will defend his antics no matter what.

What I will say is that it’s ok to not use these things after things against him bc after all he’s not a Jet (or atleast yet). But if we do draft him this arrogance among other things will get old and tiresome very very quickly. And these things you guys defend him for will quickly become a problem. I have no clue why some think this arrogance will be left at the stage the second he’s drafted. Every single rookie needs to show humility. I don’t even think Mayfield knows what the word humility means.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve came to the realization that the Mayfield fans will defend his antics no matter what.

What I will say is that it’s ok to not use these things after things against him bc after all he’s not a Jet (or atleast yet). But if we do draft him this arrogance among other things will get old and tiresome very very quickly. And these things you guys defend him for will quickly become a problem. I have no clue why some think this arrogance will be left at the stage the second he’s drafted. Every single rookie needs to show humility. I don’t even think Mayfield knows what the word humility means.

And people who aren't sold on Mayfield will argue arrogance, immaturity, etc.  

Wow you guys are really getting into the QB thing BIG time. I think we can all agree that it will be Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield. I will be happy with any of these guys. All three of these guys are the best QB prospects the Jets have ever had in my entire Jet fan base and that is 35 years worth. I like these guys better than Pennington, Sanchez, O'Brien. Sanchez I hated from the start but I was also glad they passed on Freeman too. Pennington I liked but his arm was weak from day one and I knew he would have problems make big deep throws. I loved his attitude and leadership skills. Here is my order and like I said I will be happy with any of them. I'm VERY happy we traded up to get one of these three guys. Lets face it all 3 would have been gone by pick 6. 

1. Sam Darnold. He is very talented and very young. I see him as a Aaron Rodgers type of guy. Do I think he could be like Rodgers yes but reality is he will be a Matt Ryan type.

2. Baker Mayfield. I see him as the best QB in the draft. I put Baker lower because I like Darnold ceiling and he is a few years younger too which means more growth. Mayfield is a guy that will be like Drew Brees. Mayfield low will be Phillip Rivers type.

3. Josh Rosen. I see Rosen as an Eli Manning guy. He will be good at times but also very bad at times. His low will be Derek Carr type of guy. Good and young but will probably not be great.

21 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

And people who aren't sold on Mayfield will argue arrogance, immaturity, etc.  

Difference is he proves his arrogance and immaturity all the time.

Another thing I want to touch on is why was Lincoln Riley worried about him training in LA? Said it’s just not the environment that’s good for Baker. If his arrest was just 1 poor incident... Riley shouldn’t be worried. But he was. Which eludes to that his personality off the field can be an issue.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Another thing I want to touch on is why was Lincoln Riley worried about him training in LA? Said it’s just not the environment that’s good for Baker. If his arrest was just 1 poor incident... Riley shouldn’t be worried. But he was. Which eludes to that his personality off the field can be an issue.

It's your opinion.  You're not going to chance the opinions of his supporters, just like we're not going to change yours.  For every point you bring up against him, I can find one defending him.  It's a merry-go-round my friend. 

19 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

And in what continues to be the weirdest draft season humanly possible, Schefter is reporting Mayfield is in play for 1 as well.

The Baker at #1 rumors are eating me up. Hopefully it's all smoke. I know some Jets fan feel differently. If Dorsey takes Baker first overall, I will have a huge pit in my stomach. 

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Why is his arrogance a problem?

Good point on the Lincoln Riley concerns. If you watch the first episode of Behind Baker, his family (especially his mom) had the same concerns. They didn't want him to train in LA. But in the following episodes, it shows him spending time with his media team, his trainers (including training with Christian Yelich who is a beast in the gym) and his agents. But to your point, why are his coaches and family concerned about him being in LA? My conclusion is they have doubts he won't stay out of the trouble. It's a red flag that has always been there with him and will continue to be there for the next few years. 

Also, I don't think people are assuming Baker is going to be less arrogant after he gets drafted. Some just don't really care if he is arrogant. I don't need my QB to be a standup guy. It doesn't matter. From a personality standpoint, I just want him to have the desire to be great. And, while I don't know Baker, listening to all his interview, I think this kid will do anything to be great. 

12 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Why is his arrogance a problem?

Good point on the Lincoln Riley concerns. If you watch the first episode of Behind Baker, his family (especially his mom) had the same concerns. They didn't want him to train in LA. But in the following episodes, it shows him spending time with his media team, his trainers (including training with Christian Yelich who is a beast in the gym) and his agents. But to your point, why are his coaches and family concerned about him being in LA? My conclusion is they have doubts he won't stay out of the trouble. It's a red flag that has always been there with him and will continue to be there for the next few years. 

Also, I don't think people are assuming Baker is going to be less arrogant after he gets drafted. Some just don't really care if he is arrogant. I don't need my QB to be a standup guy. It doesn't matter. From a personality standpoint, I just want him to have the desire to be great. And, while I don't know Baker, listening to all his interview, I think this kid will do anything to be great. 

There’s a difference between confident and cocky. If he gets drafted by us and sits 3rd on our depth chart... teammates and coaches won’t want to deal with that arrogance. His arrogance gets pushed to the side in high school in college bc he’s the best player and can get away with it. In the nfl not so much.

Josh Rosen “If coach wants me to compete for the job I’m going to compete my butt off. If coach wants me to be the backup I’m going to be the best backup in the country. I’m going to do whatever coach asks of me”

Baker Mayfield “I got a lot on my plate”

18 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Josh Rosen “If coach wants me to compete for the job I’m going to compete my butt off. If coach wants me to be the backup I’m going to be the best backup in the country. I’m going to do whatever coach asks of me”

Baker Mayfield “I got a lot on my plate”

Rosen also said "I'd rather be a lower pick at the right team than a higher one at the wrong team" aka don't draft me Cleveland.  I like both, but neither are perfect from an attitude perspective.

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Rosen also said "I'd rather be a lower pick at the right team than a higher one at the wrong team" aka don't draft me Cleveland.  I like both, but neither are perfect from an attitude perspective.

Well that’s your interpretation. But he’s saying that he wants to go to the best fit rather than being a high pick on a team that probably isn’t the best fit for him. 

Archived