Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m surprised the comparison of Mayfield to Sanchez hasn’t been made. They have a lot of similar traits.

Sanchez only played 1 year and had the mental make up of delicate China, Mayfield has 4 years of starting experience and believes he can walk on water if you told him he couldn't.

What traits do they share?

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m surprised the comparison of Mayfield to Sanchez hasn’t been made. They have a lot of similar traits.

Don't see this comp what so ever.  Sanchez was a one year starting pocket passer with limited mobility playing in a pro style offense.  Literally nothing alike.  Maybe similar arm strength and the ability to go through progressions; that's about it.

24 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Sanchez only played 1 year and had the mental make up of delicate China, Mayfield has 4 years of starting experience and believes he can walk on water if you told him he couldn't.

What traits do they share?

Smaller QBs with “some” athleticism that are very cocky.

And they look similar in uniform.

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Smaller QBs with “some” athleticism that are very cocky.

And they look similar in uniform.

1) Sanchez wasn't small

2) Baker is a much better athlete

3) Sanchez wasn't cocky.  I don't think anyone see's him that way today either.  

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

1) Sanchez wasn't small

2) Baker is a much better athlete

3) Sanchez wasn't cocky.  I don't think anyone see him that way today either.  

Sanchez is like 1/2” taller.

Is he really? Or did he just play in an offense that alllwed him to run bc of the spread? He seems limited athletically but capable when they have to at the next level (much like Sanchez)

I always viewed Sanchez as a cocky guy. Nowhere near to the over and beyond level of that of Mayfield. But still cocky.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Sanchez is like 1/2” taller.

Is he really? Or did he just play in an offense that alllwed him to run bc of the spread? He seems limited athletically but capable when they have to at the next level (much like Sanchez)

I always viewed Sanchez as a cocky guy. Nowhere near to the over and beyond level of that of Mayfield. But still cocky.

1) Sanchez was bigger than Rodgers at the combine.  He was 6'2, nearly 230.  Mayfield was under 6'1.

2) Yes.  Stop looking at the combine numbers.  Mayfield's escapability and running ability is night and day from Sanchez'.  It's not even close.

3) You'll likely be the first then because he was one of the most humble QB's we ever had.  If you wanted to call Geno cocky, I would not have argued, but Sanchez wasn't the slightest ounce of cocky. 

Also, you never replied to my initial comment saying that Sanchez was a true pocket passer playing in a pro style offense, which was nothing similar to Mayfield.

I've never viewed Sanchez as cocky at all. I don't think you can even say he was a confident QB. Which is not a bad thing to be if you are going to be the QB of the NYJ. Sanchez got eaten alive by the ny press. Both Allen and Rosen are very confident QB's as well. That trait will be a positive for all three of them if they are the choice. I think those three guys can handle the ny press with ease. 

1) Sanchez was bigger than Rodgers at the combine.  He was 6'2, nearly 230.  Mayfield was under 6'1.

2) Yes.  Stop looking at the combine numbers.  Mayfield's escapability and running ability is night and day from Sanchez'.  It's not even close.

3) You'll likely be the first then because he was one of the most humble QB's we ever had.  If you wanted to call Geno cocky, I would not have argued, but Sanchez wasn't the slightest ounce of cocky. 

Also, you never replied to my initial comment saying that Sanchez was a true pocket passer playing in a pro style offense, which was nothing similar to Mayfield.

A player can’t control what kind of offense they play in. I’ve stated this several times regarding Mayfields stats being overblown like completition percentage, TDs and yards. I think you put Sanchez in the OU offense and he shows similar athleticism and increase accuracy. Same as I said with Rosen, Allen and Darnold if they played at OU. The only guys it really doesn’t apply to are Falk and Rudolph bc they played in similar systems. I think Mayfields attributes are overblown and I’ve stated that several times bc of his system.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

A player can’t control what kind of offense they play in. I’ve stated this several times regarding Mayfields stats being overblown like completition percentage, TDs and yards. I think you put Sanchez in the OU offense and he shows similar athleticism and increase accuracy. Same as I said with Rosen, Allen and Darnold if they played at OU. The only guys it really doesn’t apply to are Falk and Rudolph bc they played in similar systems. I think Mayfields attributes are overblown and I’ve stated that several times bc of his system.

And there's advanced analytics on Mayfield that indicate that he made more NFL throws than anyone, which has nothing to do with how open a guy is.  He also was the most accurate in tight windows of any QB in the draft.  Sanchez and Mayfield's playstyles are literally nothing alike.  If you compared saying Falk to Sanchez, even though Falk plays in a spread and Sanchez played in a PSO, at least they have similar games.  And you can argue that, but every single advanced analytic is on Mayfield's side.

And there's advanced analytics on Mayfield that indicate that he made more NFL throws than anyone, which has nothing to do with how open a guy is.  He also was the most accurate in tight windows of any QB in the draft.  Sanchez and Mayfield's playstyles are literally nothing alike.  If you compared saying Falk to Sanchez, even though Falk plays in a spread and Sanchez played in a PSO, at least they have similar games.  And you can argue that, but every single advanced analytic is on Mayfield's side.

Time will tell. I see a product of a system more so than a great talent. Like I stated I of course will cheer for him and be a supporter of him if we draft him, but I certainly won’t be all for the pick.

17 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Yeah the Baker-Sanchez comp isn’t very good . Sanchez had huge confidence issues and was a pure drop back passer, almost the opposite of Baker 

That has nothing IMO to do with the skill st though. It’s the offense. For instance Darnold didn’t even rush for 100yds this season yet IMO he’s more athletic than Baker who ran for 5 times the yards he did. It’s a system thing. USC runs a more pro style offense and OU is not even close to that. Therefor bigger lanes for Mayfield to throw AND run. You look at the skill set not the numbers. I used Sanchez bc they are very close in size (6’2” and shorter) athletic enough, but limited and hey look similar in a uniform.

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That has nothing IMO to do with the skill st though. It’s the offense. For instance Darnold didn’t even rush for 100yds this season yet IMO he’s more athletic than Baker who ran for 5 times the yards he did. It’s a system thing. USC runs a more pro style offense and OU is not even close to that. Therefor bigger lanes for Mayfield to throw AND run. You look at the skill set not the numbers. I used Sanchez bc they are very close in size (6’2” and shorter) athletic enough, but limited and hey look similar in a uniform.

They both wear the #6 end of comparison..

Archived