Preseason Week 1 GDT:Titans(0-0) at Jets(0-0)

Titans fan 617

Just now, titans0021 said:

Man, I'm going to be so sad if Logan Ryan is a massive disappointment. (Yes, it's already time for some preseason overreactions).

He's a slot CB. He's not a guy that's ever been good at outside coverage in the NFL. Jackson and Sims will have to be the outside guys.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I mean, that was known when we signed him so I don't know why you/anyone else would expect different.

Well, we went out and drafted a raw corner and didn't do anything else to address the weakest position on the team. So I'm fairly sure that Robinson/Mularkey/LeBeau didn't/don't view him as a pure slot guy.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Well, we went out and drafted a raw corner and didn't do anything else to address the weakest position on the team. So I'm fairly sure that Robinson/Mularkey/LeBeau didn't/don't view him as a pure slot guy.

Sims and Jackson outside, Ryan in the slot, McCain is an okay 4th/depth guy. CB position is fine assuming Jackson works out, and you don't spend the 18th pick on a CB who you don't think can start.

If Robinson signed Ryan to be an outside corner then he went full retard.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

If Robinson signed Ryan to be an outside corner then he went full retard.

I feel like all of camp has been about which one of Jackson/Sims will start opposite Ryan. I've really seen nothing to indicate that he won't be starting outside.

Archived