The OFFICIAL "Your guy" vs. "NOT your guy" Thread

MWil23

My list has changed a little since our day and a half of trades.  Before we got Tyrod I was all for Rosen as I think he's ready to start right away and is the safest pick of all four top QB's.  Before we got Hyde I was all about drafting Barkley no matter what, ive softened a bit on him, but I still want us to take him at 4.  At one, I would honestly be at with these three QB's Darnold ( potential to be great is definitely there for Darnold, and I like him more now that we don't have to start him right away.)  I know everyone hates Josh Allen but I actually like him if he sits and learns from Taylor for a year or two.  Allen has all the tools to make him the best QB in this class, watching his mechanics I don't see a lot of unfixable flaws that would prevent him from improving his accuracy.  And let's face it the guy can throw the ball 75 yards down the field through a metal wall.  He was pretty sharp at Senior bowl and at the combine in passing drills.  And the third guy I wouldn't mind is Rosen, because I think he will be the best QB in this class, he's pro ready right now, his mechanics are flawless, he has good footwork in the pocket, he's tough, deadly accurate, and I actually like his kind of smarmy attitude he's cocky but he's good and smart and backs it up with a good work ethic.  Absolutely against Baker Mayfield, just don't like him.  He may or may not become a good NFL QB but I don't like him.  Other players I love are Barkley for obvious reasons.  He was underutilized at Penn State, he fits today's NFL RB to a t...can catch smoothly, has great speed, quickness, and power and runs with a lot of decisiveness.  I like Rashaad Penny if we pass on Barkley.  I like Ward from the Ohio State University, he's tall, he's fast, and he plays the ball well in the air, and contrary to what some people think he is a good tackler.  I see every buckeye game and he was in on a lot of one on one type tackles.  That hit he put on the Maryland WR where he got called for a bogus targeting call was brilliant, and should have been a fumble 6.  I just hope we get over the stigma of not drafting anyone from OSU, and letting them all go to Pittsburgh!  If Ward or Billy Price end up Steelers I will lose my ****.  

Summary:  

Good:  Rosen, Darnold, Allen (all sit a year)

Barkley, Ward, any Buckeye, Minkah I guess

Bad:  Baker Mayfield

Chubb, and I really don't want them to trade down from the top 10

I'm loving DJ Moore, Christian Kirk, Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, Quenton Nelson if we can find a solid fit for him, Terrell Edmunds, Nick Chubb, Rashaad Penny, Will Hernandez for someone else probably, Harold Landry, Lorenzo Carter, Leighton Van Der Esch, Mike McGlinchy, Rashaan Evans, Da'ron Payne, Ronald Jones II, Ronnie Harrison & Marcus Allen (at SS is best fit), Taven Bryan and Harrison Phillips. Josh Sweat or RJ McIntosh at 64 would be nice.

I'd rather pass on Darnold (though looks like he's the guy), am meh on Davenport, wouldn't grab Tremaine Edmunds top-10 as he's being discussed, don't like Donte Jackson, not into St. Brown until at least round 3, just meh on Sony Michel. I don't want Calvin Ridley top-20.

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I'm loving DJ Moore, Christian Kirk, Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, Quenton Nelson if we can find a solid fit for him, Terrell Edmunds, Nick Chubb, Rashaad Penny, Will Hernandez for someone else probably, Harold Landry, Lorenzo Carter, Leighton Van Der Esch, Mike McGlinchy, Rashaan Evans, Da'ron Payne, Ronald Jones II, Ronnie Harrison & Marcus Allen (at SS is best fit), Taven Bryan and Harrison Phillips. Josh Sweat or RJ McIntosh at 64 would be nice.

I'd rather pass on Darnold (though looks like he's the guy), am meh on Davenport, wouldn't grab Tremaine Edmunds top-10 as he's being discussed, don't like Donte Jackson, not into St. Brown until at least round 3, just meh on Sony Michel. I don't want Calvin Ridley top-20.

Leighton Van Der Esch is going to be a monster and a tackling machine.

Archived