Comp picks

LoganF89

42 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Or we can remember that we let the most valuable FA QB since Drew Brees leave for nothing except an end of the round 3 pick.  

Well, it’s not nothing if we are getting a 3rd round pick but yes, we did let a good qb go and we replaced him with another good qb.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well, it’s not nothing if we are getting a 3rd round pick but yes, we did let a good qb go and we replaced him with another good qb.

By trading a 3rd round pick (this year) that'll be higher than the comp pick we get, and a starting caliber CB.  They should all be fired for the way this offseason played out.  Suggesting we should give them credit for anything is a joke.

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

By trading a 3rd round pick (this year) that'll be higher than the comp pick we get, and a starting caliber CB.  They should all be fired for the way this offseason played out.  Suggesting we should give them credit for anything is a joke.

It’s not just the 1 Comp pick, it’s the other 3 aswell. We didn’t over pay to keep Murphy, Long or Grant either. If we had signed those 3 it would have cost us about $20 M in cap space. Then Pryor is helping us w/ some Comp too.

I don’t know how you don’t give them credit when since I’ve been paying attention to Comp picks the last 15 years we haven’t had any and next year we have 4, but it’s whatever, I’d never expect you to be anything but negative.

Just now, turtle28 said:

It’s not just the 1 Comp pick, it’s the other 3 aswell. We didn’t over pay to keep Murphy, Long or Grant either. If we had signed those 3 it would have cost us about $20 M in cap space. Then Pryor is helping us w/ some Comp too.

I don’t know how you don’t give them credit when since I’ve been paying attention to Comp picks the last 15 years we haven’t had any and next year we have 4, but it’s whatever, I’d never expect you to be anything but negative.

I'll be positive when there's something to be positive about.  

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'll be positive when there's something to be positive about.  

My post was just about having 4 Comp picks, period! You turned into an indictment on losing Kirk Cousins in addition to that. 

I’m just talking about have 4 Comp picks next year and 11 overall draft picks in the 2019 draft, that’s a positive. It’s only not a positive if you just want to hate the front office no matter what they do.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

My post was just about having 4 Comp picks, period! You turned into an indictment on losing Kirk Cousins in addition to that. 

I’m just talking about have 4 Comp picks next year and 11 overall draft picks in the 2019 draft, that’s a positive. It’s only not a positive if you just want to hate the front office no matter what they do.

No you said we should give the front office credit for gaining 4 comp picks next year.  That is pointless without taking into consideration what they had to do to gain the picks.  

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Free Agency frugality got you down? This beautiful chart from the fine folks at (link: http://overthecap.com) overthecap.com should help. Redskins are set to get FOUR compensatory picks next year – a 3rd, 5th, and two 6ths (Pryor signing bumps Niles to a 6th). Meaning we have 11 picks in '19 draft

That’s where I saw they add up but don’t know how it works 

Not exactly. Pryor's own signing netted a 6th in OTC's projections. Paul still is the equivalent of a 7th.

We didn’t over pay to keep Murphy, Long or Grant either. If we had signed those 3 it would have cost us about $20 M in cap space. Then Pryor is helping us w/ some Comp too.

Had they kept Cousins (and Fuller and their natural 3rd) and done the rest of the free agency period like they have, I would be somewhat complimentary towards them. They would have gotten a WR that I liked in Richardson, plus let a bunch of guys who didn't fit into their plans turn into 2019 compensatory picks.

It's just the loss of Cousins and the trade for Smith that overshadows everything else they did this offseason.

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No you said we should give the front office credit for gaining 4 comp picks next year.  That is pointless without taking into consideration what they had to do to gain the picks.  

That’s your prerogative. I’m happy we have 3 more draft picks in the next two years than we had a month ago. In any world that’s positive.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Had they kept Cousins (and Fuller and their natural 3rd) and done the rest of the free agency period like they have, I would be somewhat complimentary towards them. They would have gotten a WR that I liked in Richardson, plus let a bunch of guys who didn't fit into their plans turn into 2019 compensatory picks.

It's just the loss of Cousins and the trade for Smith that overshadows everything else they did this offseason.

No crap! I’m not oblivious to that but it’s still a positive that we have 11 picks now in next year’s draft. You guys can’t separate the two and it’s ridiculous. This place is a zoo, I need another break. 

That’s your prerogative. I’m happy we have 3 more draft picks in the next two years than we had a month ago. In any world that’s positive.

So, let's say we don't resign Scherff next year and let him walk. We pick up a comp 3rd. That's a positive because it's another pick we didn't have before?

Just now, turtle28 said:

No crap! I’m not oblivious to that but it’s still a positive that we have 11 picks now in next year’s draft. You guys can’t separate the two and it’s ridiculous. This place is a zoo, I need another break. 

Because they aren't mutually exclusive events?

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So, let's say we don't resign Scherff next year and let him walk. We pick up a comp 3rd. That's a positive because it's another pick we didn't have before?

Even better lets trade a 3rd round pick and defensive starter for an older downgrade at RG AND let Scherff walk.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Again, let's be fair: there's little to no scenario where Murphy, Grant, Pryor, and Paul fit into the Redskins roster in 2019 (which have turned into a 5th, 6th, and 7th). The only guy we can argue with letting walk is Long, and that's only because the front office has seemingly decided that they will enter the draft with a massive hole when they could have had multiple bridge guys prior to the draft.

Archived