49ers sign jonathan Cooper Guard

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea i agree. Also I thought Chance was considered the better prospect by most anyways 

I actually considered Cooper the better guard by a safe margin.

Neither came close to living up to their respective hypes. though.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

So much for the "safe" picks. Haha

Despite the value of their position seemingly being devalued, if they hit then those 2 teams would have been so much better. 

19 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Bigger bust.... Warmack or Cooper?

18 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

I'd say Warmack. Didn't have the injuries to deal with. 

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea i agree. Also I thought Chance was considered the better prospect by most anyways 

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Has to be Warmack, as @rendawg37 said, Warmack sucked.  Cooper got hurt.

That's the issue IMO with 'Bama trench players IMO.  The team is so talented, unless you can get really good one-on-one film, and see how they play once the talent field is level across the line, there's more risk.  That's what hurts with Cooper - he was the standout in an otherwise average line.  His play just stood out like a beacon.    It's why I also trust film from guys on bad Big 10 / SEC teams more (and ACC I'll upgrade too although not as much) - because they're usually playing more talented teams and still excelling.  Not the case with Cooper, though.   Still think it had to be the injuries.

A little pricey if he's a backup, but if he upgrades the starter spot, a nice value.  Given the talent, seems like it's a worthwhile risk to take contract-wise.

It's amazing that as a contrast, John Sullivan makes just barely more than that AAV, though, and crazy that Mewhort makes even less.  Sullivan & Mewhort's deals looks like the steal FA signings of the offseason so far.

Archived