Saints should pull Suh offer (if any) NOW!

whodatworm23

After norrowing his choices down to 3 a few days ago to the Saints, Titans and Rams... Suh and his agent has turned course and have added the JETS as a serious contender as well.

Im sorry but if the Saints have ANY offer to Suh on the table they should pull it NOW! We all knew that the Saints were never gonna be the highest biddef for Suh and his recent comments and consideration of the Jets PROVE that its still all about the money with him and winning is a distant second. Whether Suh is serious about the Jets or if hes simply using them to up the ante with other intrested teams, it doesnt matter!

THE SAINTS NEED TO WALK AWAY NOW

Or they risk making a potential massive mistake with this guy.

Move on.

whodat

You’re taking this way to personal. Suh’s doing the right thing. He’s considering all offers. He has this far visited 3 teams...all playoff teams last year. That tells me that he’s not just signing on to the highest bidder. But that doesn’t mean that money doesn’t matter. If he goes to the Jets...great! That would be a dream. It would get him out of the conference. 

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

You’re taking this way to personal. Suh’s doing the right thing. He’s considering all offers. He has this far visited 3 teams...all playoff teams last year. That tells me that he’s not just signing on to the highest bidder. But that doesn’t mean that money doesn’t matter. If he goes to the Jets...great! That would be a dream. It would get him out of the conference. 

Its not personal... I really would rather not sign him but understand the teams thinking in considering it. Dont get me wrong, Im not mad at Suh in the least! That young man has the right to sign with whomever he wants and for as much money as he wants. What im saying is that the Saints should ent even bother anymore... There A TON of risk in signing Suh and if hes not 100% onboard with winning than id pass. I just dont like the fit personality wise.

I don't think the Saints are on his radar TBH. His agent is putting the Jets on the list because they have the cap space to make big offers.

They are doing this to get the Titans or Rams to open up the wallet. Something the Saints don't have.

Brees agent did that when they said Vikings pursued this year. Brees agent lost leverage when Brees said he wanted to play for the Saints. Saints signed Brees like 1 hour afterwards.

10 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I hope we don’t sign him. I’ve been lukewarm at best, leaning towards no thanks 

I agree

Dont get me wrong, really good player but not the player he once was but still comes with the occasional headaches and personality issues all at a premium price. 

Call me crazy but id rather one of these young stud DT's in the draft at 27 on a 5 year rookie deal with fresh legs, high character and something to prove.

1 hour ago, ckoz24 said:

I don't think the Saints are on his radar TBH. His agent is putting the Jets on the list because they have the cap space to make big offers.

They are doing this to get the Titans or Rams to open up the wallet. Something the Saints don't have.

Brees agent did that when they said Vikings pursued this year. Brees agent lost leverage when Brees said he wanted to play for the Saints. Saints signed Brees like 1 hour afterwards.

The Saints always have cap space as long as Mickey is the GM. I doubt the Saints make enough space to give him a massive contract though.

This feels like people posturing to say "I didn't want him anyway" if he sign somewhere else. And why should a team quit pursuing when another competitor enters the game? This entire sport and business is about competition. We should embrace it, and celebrate if/when the Saints sign the guy we want.

I still want Suh. I think the guy will be the piece that makes this defense downright scary. Nobody is going to know how to plan for Jordan, Rankins, and Suh, especially with a lockdown corner, a pretty solid secondary, and an up & coming linebacking corps.

I hope we sign him!

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

This feels like people posturing to say "I didn't want him anyway" if he sign somewhere else.

To be fair, I was saying that from the beginning.

I don’t doubt his talent (if motivated) but I do have questions about his work ethic, attitude and motives for signing. He has every right to chase money, I don’t have an issue with that. But if that’s what he’s after I’d rather pay less for a guy who has something left to prove or simply wants a shot at championship 

Plus I’ve never liked him as a person, and didn’t really want to have to root for him. 

10 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

This feels like people posturing to say "I didn't want him anyway" if he sign somewhere else. And why should a team quit pursuing when another competitor enters the game? This entire sport and business is about competition. We should embrace it, and celebrate if/when the Saints sign the guy we want.

I still want Suh. I think the guy will be the piece that makes this defense downright scary. Nobody is going to know how to plan for Jordan, Rankins, and Suh, especially with a lockdown corner, a pretty solid secondary, and an up & coming linebacking corps.

I hope we sign him!

I hear what your saying but no postering here... I admit that i was very intrigued when we first showed intrest but recently i went over a bunch of games of Suh over the last 2 years and he isnt the dominant inside force he once was and hes still lazy at times and penalty prone. Hes still good enough however to command a steep price, its just risk vs reward to me here and I say no thanks. Even if they end up signing Suh I am just fine being on record saying i would have opted aganist it.

Both fair comments. I'll say I'm fine either way. I just think he'd make a dramatic difference on the line, and I think he'd be pared with guys that would make him want to work, rather than needing to be the "role model" type player. 

I'm actually wondering if Suh might be bothered by being overshadowed by another name...Cam Jordan. That might be too big of a blow to his ego.

We'll see, I guess.

6 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Both fair comments. I'll say I'm fine either way. I just think he'd make a dramatic difference on the line, and I think he'd be pared with guys that would make him want to work, rather than needing to be the "role model" type player. 

I'm actually wondering if Suh might be bothered by being overshadowed by another name...Cam Jordan. That might be too big of a blow to his ego.

We'll see, I guess.

Not sure... Especially if he signs with Rams, Aaron Donald is already on that line. Still, Suh had talent around him on the D-Line in Miami. Cameron Wake and others arent bums. 

I just think the Lions and Dolphins got the best years of Suh... We'd be paying for the name mostly.

Archived