Superbowl Or Bust For 2018

stl4life07

Which Team Has The Pressure Of Superbowl Or Bust The Most?   

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Has The Pressure Of Superbowl Or Bust The Most?

• Los Angeles Rams
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • Other

On 3/30/2018 at 11:00 AM, DoleINGout said:

I voted Saints because the Rams and Vikings seem like youngsr teams. Drew Brees signed a two year deal so you get the feeling of it isn't this year then in 2019 the Saints have even more pressure to win. Whereas the Rams and Vikings have younger quarterbacks and roster flexibility. That's not to say the Saints aren't young too, just their window is smaller because their quarterback and head coach are both much closer to retirement it would seem.

This.  

On 4/5/2018 at 2:02 AM, Classic said:

Saints should be Super Bowl bust. Honestly, Drew Brees doesn't get enough pressure put on him to get a 2nd SB ring like Rodgers does. 1 SB certainly shouldn't be enough for what should be a Top 5 All Time QB Career. Speaking of which Rodgers and the Packers have to get over the hump again, it's been too damn long.

One thing in Rodgers' favor is he is younger than Brees is presently so he has a few more seasons to get that second ring.

On 5/6/2018 at 8:45 AM, stl4life07 said:

I’ll also add that sometimes the best moves are the ones that a team doesn’t make. In 2014 we all know the Rams drafted Robinson and Donald in the 1st round. Robinson is a bust and Donald is looking like a future HOFer. What some don’t know is Fisher/Snead tried the trade back into the 1st round to get Zach Martin. Reports were they called the Ravens to see about their pick. Martin went to the Cowboys who was picking ahead of the Ravens. Many thought Jerry would take Manziel. Had Martin got past Dallas and the Rams were able to make that deal they would’ve given up their 2015 1st round pick which turned out to be...you guessed it, Todd Gurley. As great as Martin is, I’d rather have Gurley who is the centerpiece of everything McVay wants to do on offense. Gurley has changed the way teams view backs now in the draft. After Gurley went in the top 10, we have seen Zeke, Fournette, McCaffrey, and Barkley all go in the top 10 in the following years. So my point is, I’m sure the Rams would’ve been fine with Martin but with Gurley the Rams were the best offense in the NFL last season. 

So with the Saints, I’m interested to not only see how Davenport pan out but next year’s draft, who the Saints could’ve taken had they kept their pick. Ironically, next year’s draft class is loaded on the DL. 

I suspect this is why our new GM didn't go for Davenport and double dipped into corner this year instead.

The steelers should be on here. All the hype of their offesne HOF QB, best RB, best WR one of the best OL's and what have they done.  Nothing.  How much more hype is required, but leets face it, we aren't happy about it at our forum, thats for sure.  

The rams will abandon the running game, so I can't expect them to win unless the D is a out of this world. Out of those on the list, I expect the vikes to do the best. 

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I suspect this is why our new GM didn't go for Davenport and double dipped into corner this year instead.

Oh you are so right. I loved what the Packers did. They fleeced the Saints, lets call it what it is, because again no team has traded up for a defensive end gave up an additional 1st round pick to do so. Plus the Packers got Mike Mayock 2nd best cornerback in Alexander and my favorite cornerback in Jackson in the 2nd round. Like I thought the Packers did better than I even expected and I expected them to do well coming into the draft. They did amazing. 

Archived