Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think the Lakers would trade Ingram in any deal for Beal.  I would accept #4, Kuzma, then let a 3rd team take Ball and get another pick in the deal.  

Why? Supposedly James doesn’t get along with Ingram, seems he would be the more likely player to be traded rather Kuzma. If I’m the Wizards I want nothing to do with Ball and that family circus, I’d rather have anyone like Jason Hart and/or Mortiz Wagner.

So Beal for #4, Ingram and Josh Hart seems like a doable trade for me. 

Edited by turtle28

Maybe Beal for Ingram isn't enough... I'd absolutely do the #4 and Kuzma too. I was more so writing this to see how we'd have to tear it down to build it up.

If Durant tore his ACL last night, Beal's stock just went up. Ultimately, if moved, I think it would be closer to the trade deadline as opposed to pre-draft.

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think the Lakers would trade Ingram in any deal for Beal.  I would accept #4, Kuzma, then let a 3rd team take Ball and get another pick in the deal.  

In no way shape or form do I only get kuzma and #4 for Beal. That honestly doesn’t help us much. Outside of the top 3 picks it’s a crap shoot for who goes at 4. If you trade Beal your basically going after culver to replace him... that does nothing and who’s to say culver isn’t even half the player Beal is. Like I said I need Ingram, kuzma, and number 4 to even have a chance at Beal. 

If im only getting kuzma and #4 then I’m calling the hawks and pulling a complete rebuild and getting picks 8 and 10 and possibly a role player or second rounder

Scenario 1 we get 

Kuzma, Ingram, #4 Garland (#9 Reddish)

Scenario #2 we get

#8 Reddish, (#9 Coby White) #10 Sekou Doumbouya 

scenario 1 keeps us competitive and scenario 2 is full rebuild to hopefully clear cap space for future max slots and trades

i do like Hayes but at the same time we have Howard another year and I want Bryant back on the cheap. If we can’t get Bryant back I take Hayes over Doumbouya

Honestly if I’m the pelicans I would possibly offer up Zion to the hawks. I know it’s crazy bc Zion is one of the best prospects to come out in a long time but you have to think, they could ask for all 3 of their first rounders and next years unprotected 1st and Atlanta could possibly jump and do it. Atlanta is only 1 dominate player away. Pelicans could litterally build a brand new team. IMO even if Zion becomes the next fave of the NBA do you really think he spends his career in New Orleans, how bout no 

43 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

In no way shape or form do I only get kuzma and #4 for Beal. That honestly doesn’t help us much. Outside of the top 3 picks it’s a crap shoot for who goes at 4. If you trade Beal your basically going after culver to replace him... that does nothing and who’s to say culver isn’t even half the player Beal is. Like I said I need Ingram, kuzma, and number 4 to even have a chance at Beal. 

If im only getting kuzma and #4 then I’m calling the hawks and pulling a complete rebuild and getting picks 8 and 10 and possibly a role player or second rounder

Scenario 1 we get 

Kuzma, Ingram, #4 Garland (#9 Reddish)

Scenario #2 we get

#8 Reddish, (#9 Coby White) #10 Sekou Doumbouya 

scenario 1 keeps us competitive and scenario 2 is full rebuild to hopefully clear cap space for future max slots and trades

i do like Hayes but at the same time we have Howard another year and I want Bryant back on the cheap. If we can’t get Bryant back I take Hayes over Doumbouya

I didn’t say that.  I said a 3 team deal where Lonzo goes to another team, then the Wizards get Kuzma, 4 and more picks from the 3rd team.

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I didn’t say that.  I said a 3 team deal where Lonzo goes to another team, then the Wizards get Kuzma, 4 and more picks from the 3rd team.

My fault, I misinterpreted that, who do you think that other team would be though? I’m sue it wouldn’t be a team in the lottery 

boston? 14. 20. 22

orlando? 16

Utah? 23

Miami? 13

my dream would be Chicago who we all know wants Ball but would they fork over 7 for him

having 4, 7, and 9 could really change our whole team for the better but it would be a long shot for 7

maybe if we through in Dwight going to one of the teams it could possibly sway it

4,7,and 9 could land us a new core But who do you pick?

Garland, Culver, Reddish?

Edited by LoganF89

5 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Maybe Beal for Ingram isn't enough... I'd absolutely do the #4 and Kuzma too. I was more so writing this to see how we'd have to tear it down to build it up.

If Durant tore his ACL last night, Beal's stock just went up. Ultimately, if moved, I think it would be closer to the trade deadline as opposed to pre-draft.

Achilles, not ACL

For me, and it seems like I may be in the minority with this, I’m looking mostly at 3s and 4s at #9. I like Thomas Bryant, and I think he’s going to be a better-than-average starting C in today's NBA. I can’t say the same for Parker or Portis at the 4, and the jury is still out on Brown at this point (although I liked what I saw from him). I really think they need to keep Bryant on board, and that will certainly lessen the need at the 5.

I assume Culver and Hunter will be gone by 9, but Reddish may still be there, and he might be worth a gamble on the grounds that perhaps his uneven season at Duke was the result of never really finding a niche on a pretty unusual roster. 

If he’s off the board, I’d be looking hard at some 4s who could help provide either more shooting or rim protection (one of Bryant’s primary weaknesses). Maybe they think Hachimura or Washington have the tools to become sharp-shooting stretch 4s. Maybe they want to roll the dice on Doumbouya or go with the poor man’s Zion in Brandon Clarke (who I really like but most are knocking for age and mediocre size). I think Clarke could be a Swiss Army knife on defense, but obviously he’s not considered in the mix for most at #9. 

To me, realistically, the two guard positions are pretty much occupied for the foreseeable future. That doesn’t have to be a popular thing, but no one is taking on Wall’s contract and, if reasonable and informed sports fans are disagreeing about whether they could get Brandon Ingram straight up for Beal, then I don’t think the Panda is going anywhere either. I think we can lock down a solid starting C in Bryant, barring a major overpay from some other team in FA. That leaves the 3 and the 4 where we can really look for upside and hope to stumble into a star. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

My fault, I misinterpreted that, who do you think that other team would be though? I’m sue it wouldn’t be a team in the lottery 

boston? 14. 20. 22

orlando? 16

Utah? 23

Miami? 13

my dream would be Chicago who we all know wants Ball but would they fork over 7 for him

having 4, 7, and 9 could really change our whole team for the better but it would be a long shot for 7

maybe if we through in Dwight going to one of the teams it could possibly sway it

4,7,and 9 could land us a new core But who do you pick?

Garland, Culver, Reddish?

Chicago is probably the most likely.  If you could pick up 7, I'd probably ask the Lakers to throw Josh Hart into the deal too.  Hart can take Beal's spot in the short term.  I'm torn between Garland and Hunter at 4, except I think there's a chance Hunter would fall to 7 but no way Garland makes it that far.  So I guess I would lean towards Garland.  I'm not a fan of Culver, the Wizards don't need another Guard that can't shoot (same reason I don't want Lonzo).  There's a possibility Culver goes 5, and the PG desperate Suns take Coby White at 6.  Then you could land Hunter at 7 which would be a steal.  Then at 9 take a big like Doumbouya.  

So in summary:

Lakers get Beal

Bulls get Lonzo

Wizards get Kuzma, Hart, 4, 7

Wizards post trade:

PG Garland, (Wall eventually)

SG Hart

SF Hunter, Brown

PF Kuzma, Doumbouya

C Howard, Bryant

Let all the scrubs walk in FA (Portis, Parker).  Maybe try to retain Satoransky but don't overpay.  They'd need to sign a backup SG.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Chicago is probably the most likely.  If you could pick up 7, I'd probably ask the Lakers to throw Josh Hart into the deal too.  Hart can take Beal's spot in the short term.  I'm torn between Garland and Hunter at 4, except I think there's a chance Hunter would fall to 7 but no way Garland makes it that far.  So I guess I would lean towards Garland.  I'm not a fan of Culver, the Wizards don't need another Guard that can't shoot (same reason I don't want Lonzo).  There's a possibility Culver goes 5, and the PG desperate Suns take Coby White at 6.  Then you could land Hunter at 7 which would be a steal.  Then at 9 take a big like Doumbouya.  

So in summary:

Lakers get Beal

Bulls get Lonzo

Wizards get Kuzma, Hart, 4, 7

Wizards post trade:

PG Garland, (Wall eventually)

SG Hart

SF Hunter, Brown

PF Kuzma, Doumbouya

C Howard, Bryant

Let all the scrubs walk in FA (Portis, Parker).  Maybe try to retain Satoransky but don't overpay.  They'd need to sign a backup SG.  

I’m totally on board for this! If we end up having any cap room which I assume in trading Beal we would we could look at a SG in free agency on a 1 year deal, I also thing Brown could play some SG as well Brown to me can play 2-4, 4 in a small ball line up

maybe danny green on a one year deal?

Edited by LoganF89
  • Like 1

MKnight I love that scenario. honestly with getting Hart, Kuzma, 4, and 7 that would be a steal but i just dont know if the bulls would be for giving up number 7 for lonzo, but i would hope they would.

with declining jabari Parker, trading Beal, and letting Portis and Ariza walk I would have to think we would actually have quite a bit of cap[ space for the following year

Saw yesterday - I think - that David Aldridge and Ben Standing are reporting the Wizards aren't likely to trade Beal - which is what I always thought.  I think they're going to rebuild with these young guys like Bryant, Brown and whoever they draft around Beal and behind Beal’s leadership.

So it seems all the discussions over the last 5 months mean nothing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/everyone-trades-bradley-beal-away-consider-why-wizards-should-keep-him%3famp

“Keep Beal as the vet who sets the culture, identity,” a league source familiar with the Wizards’ situation told NBC Sports Washington.

Team owner Ted Leonsis in Thursday’s “Wizards Talk” podcast called Beal one of the team’s “pillars” along with John Wall. Beal certainly dazzled throughout the season despite a myriad of roster changes and the underachieving Wizards falling far short of pre-season expectations.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Saw yesterday - I think - that David Aldridge and Ben Standing are reporting the Wizards aren't likely to trade Beal - which is what I always thought.  I think they're going to rebuild with these young guys like Bryant, Brown and whoever they draft around Beal and behind Beal’s leadership.

So it seems all the discussions over the last 5 months mean nothing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/everyone-trades-bradley-beal-away-consider-why-wizards-should-keep-him%3famp

The only problem with this is I see Beal wanting out once his contact is up. Wall's contact, with his injury situation, makes this a losing team for years to come.