Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We all know they're going to end up with the 5th pick somehow 

I hate it but, I love finding guys like Butler & Vuk who are young and showing out plus, Deni & Corey are finally breaking out. I want the #1 pick but it’s hard to hate it when we’re winning/playing better as a team bc 4 of our young guys are playing well.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I hate it but, I love finding guys like Butler & Vuk who are young and showing out plus, Deni & Corey are finally breaking out. I want the #1 pick but it’s hard to hate it when we’re winning/playing better as a team bc 4 of our young guys are playing well.

The draft is pretty bad so I don't think it matters honestly. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So right now in the NBA draft, I'm leaning towards the Wiz should draft Castle, the PG from Uconn. The Wiz haven't had a true alpha at PG since Westbrick left plus, Castle can shoot it consistently from 3, unlike Wall & Westbrick.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/stephon-castle/

Strengths: Castle is a physically gifted SG/PG who stands 6’6 210 with pretty good strength and overall athleticism, showing excellent agility and body control while being a solid leaper off 1 or 2 feet with deceptive quickness …

Tricky and unorthodox; plays the game at his own unique pace and keeps defenders off balance with his ability to change tempos when operating with the ball … Shifty and creative with above average ball-handling skills; likes to lull defenders before driving downhill and is a master of misdirection as an ambidextrous slasher who can operate on either side of the floor …

Likes to use a quick spin move in either direction when played too much to one side … Strong around the rim; can finish above the rim with a head of steam and convert through contact (59 FG% inside the arc) …

Promising court vision (3 APG as a Fr.) … Effective drive and dish player; seems most comfortable operating on the move as a passer whether in halfcourt or in the transition game … Pretty comfortable in the pick and roll too; made plenty of nice pocket passes and alley-oops for easy baskets to his big men this season …

More comfortable with the ball than without it, but occasionally shows the off-ball awareness needed to find open areas and make timely cuts to get behind the defense … Looks good operating in transition …

Shows signs of a back to the basket game in the mid-post area, which wouldn’t be bad to build on as a bigger combo guard …

Willing rebounder from the perimeter (4.7 RPG) … Projects to be among the best perimeter defenders in the 2024 Draft class, especially on the ball …

Can smother small guards but also has the size, strength and lateral quickness to defend bigger perimeter players…

Ability to navigate and get through screens is beyond his years; had a number of excellent defensive possessions this season … Moves his feet and gets in a low stance that allows him to cut off dribble penetration effectively …

Also an aware off-ball defender who had quite a few deflections that led to turnovers, and can make teams pay for telegraphed passes (25 steals) …

Flashes some fringe triple-double potential due to his ability to chip in in multiple facets of the game…Pretty poised for such a young player …”

Edited by turtle28