Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

• 4 weeks later...

Well, in what is no surprise for this awful upcoming draft pool, the top draft prospects have been terrible so far in the early March Madness games. 

Cody Williams mustered 0 points and 1 board for Colorado. Reed Sheppard managed 3 points (and 2 turnovers) in Kentucky’s disastrous loss to Oakland, and Rob Dillingham was barely better (2/9 shooting and 10 points). Both UK guys looked awful per the eye test.

This has to be the worst group of American college players I’ve ever seen in a draft class.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

Well, in what is no surprise for this awful upcoming draft pool, the top draft prospects have been terrible so far in the early March Madness games. 

Cody Williams mustered 0 points and 1 board for Colorado. Reed Sheppard managed 3 points (and 2 turnovers) in Kentucky’s disastrous loss to Oakland, and Rob Dillingham was barely better (2/9 shooting and 10 points). Both UK guys looked awful per the eye test.

This has to be the worst group of American college players I’ve ever seen in a draft class.

Because of the disbanding of the G League, this isn't going to be the same issue over the next few years. I'd argue this is the worst March Madness we're going to see as far as exposure for the next wave of great players. I recognize that Overtime Elite is still a thing, but the NIL money will trump what they're getting there far and away plus the exposure.

• Like 2

I also have really become a fan of Dylan Disu from Texas. Just a smart, tough ballplayer with a nice mid-range game and an emerging jumper. Not sure if he’s an NBA athlete, but he’s also a ballplayer.

(Had to even out the jinx action, as Knecht has missed a few since I called him out)

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Sounds like the proposed Wizards moving to nothern VA deal is dead. 

Ted doing the typical billionaire move of leveraging one city vs the other. He couldn't get what he wanted from Virginia’s state legislature & the city of Alexandria so, he had to come crawling back to Mayor Bowser! 😂  The Wiz/Caps are going to be in DC until 2050.