Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Well, it went the way everyone knew it would. Didn’t have “give up 143 on opening night” on my card, but I can’t say it’s a major surprise. There are some positives, though. 

Kuzma is showing us that he’s ready to compile the sort of stats that will have him traded to a contender ASAP.

Tyus Jones and Danilo Gallinari are also going to play well enough to get traded ASAP. These guys aren’t going to be messing around, they are not at the “get a lot of minutes on a horrible team” stage in their respective careers.

Jordan Poole is going to be thrilled when all those guys get traded and he gets to hoist 30-40 shots a game.

Bilal made a 3-pointer.

And most importantly, Chicago lost by 20 and had a player-only meeting. On opening night. Aside from being pathetic, it also shows a disturbing unwillingness on their part to just be awful. Our guys seem to have rather cheerfully gotten beat worse, which bodes well for a few long losing streaks and a lot of ping pong balls.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 2:32 AM, e16bball said:

Well, it went the way everyone knew it would. Didn’t have “give up 143 on opening night” on my card, but I can’t say it’s a major surprise. There are some positives, though. 

Kuzma is showing us that he’s ready to compile the sort of stats that will have him traded to a contender ASAP.

Tyus Jones and Danilo Gallinari are also going to play well enough to get traded ASAP. These guys aren’t going to be messing around, they are not at the “get a lot of minutes on a horrible team” stage in their respective careers.

Jordan Poole is going to be thrilled when all those guys get traded and he gets to hoist 30-40 shots a game.

Bilal made a 3-pointer.

And most importantly, Chicago lost by 20 and had a player-only meeting. On opening night. Aside from being pathetic, it also shows a disturbing unwillingness on their part to just be awful. Our guys seem to have rather cheerfully gotten beat worse, which bodes well for a few long losing streaks and a lot of ping pong balls.

Well almost everyone has gotten worse… Deni is finally getting better

Someone to watch for the Wizards 2024 draft pick since this team ix historically bad on defense and it’s hard to see them winning 25 games!

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2023/9/20/23881605/2024-nba-draft-alex-sarr-breakout-prospect

Alex Sarr May Be the Most Intriguing Prospect in the 2024 NBA Draft Class

The 7-foot-1 French teenager is a skyscraping wing in a center’s body who stole the show in two exhibition games against the G League Ignite. Said one NBA GM of the draft next June: “Sarr could go first.”

This season is all about losing while also seeing some strong individual performances. That leads to a low draft pick and tradeable assets. Really, this season is going as planned. I'd like to see more out of Poole... that's about it. Kuz is having a nice season.

Deni's descending contract extension was brilliant. Eat the bulk of his deal early and he's a nice, cheap asset to keep or very, very tradeable. 

• Like 1