Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not a big fan of the pick. He has exciting athletic ability but isn’t a scorer and can’t shoot. The team has plenty of time to develop him but they do not hit on euroballers ever and here we go again. 

He might not be an on ball scorer, but saying he can’t shoot doesn’t seem to be correct. He actually shot well in international ball. He just didn’t shoot a lot. 

He’s got a lot to develop that for sure. The good news is this team has plenty of time right now. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

He might not be an on ball scorer, but saying he can’t shoot doesn’t seem to be correct. He actually shot well in international ball. He just didn’t shoot a lot. 

He’s got a lot to develop that for sure. The good news is this team has plenty of time right now. 

Not sure I agree with this.  His 59.5% free throw % makes it seem like his 3 point shooting is unsustainable. 

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Not sure I agree with this.  His 59.5% free throw % makes it seem like his 3 point shooting is unsustainable. 

What matters is his form is good and he's a hard worker. He's only going to be 19 in July. Considering he's such a hard worker, it's easy to project that he'll improve both as a free-throw shooter & become a consistent 3-point shooter after a year or 2 of development.

Wizards potential starting 5:

PG: Tyus Jones (27) - 16 pts, 7 asts, 4 rebs

SG: Jordan Poole (24) - 25 pts, 5 asts, 4 rebs

SF: Corey Kispert (24) - 15 pts, 3 asts, 5 rebs

PF: Dalino Gallinari - 15 pts, 2 asts, 5 rebs

C Daniel Gafford (25 in Oct) - 13 pts, 2 asts, 10 rebs

Wizards potential bench after a few more trades like Morris & Wright our bench will probably be:

PG: Ryan Rollins (21 in July) - 7 pts, 3 asts, 3 rebs

SG: Landry Shamet: (26) - 11 pts, 2 asts, 2 rebs

SG/SF Johnny Davis (21) - 10 pts, 4 rebs, 2 asts

SF/PF: Deni Avdija (22) - 12 pts, 4 asts, 8 rebs

SF: Bilal Coulibaly (19 in July) - 6 pts, 3 rebs, 1 ast

PF: Patrick Baldwin, Jr (21 in Nov) - 8 pts, 4 rebs, 1 ast

C Jay Huff (25 in Aug) - 8 pts, 4 rebs, 2 asts

I forgot about Gallinari being on our team too. I wonder what the plan is with him. He's a better scorer than Deni, but he's also going go be 35. I wonder if Winger/Dawkins/WUJ’s plan will be to start Gallinari the first half of the year while showing off he can still be a 15-16 pts, 5-6 reb, 2 assists guy so that a playoff caliber team will trade a pick or a young developing player with potential for him as he helps that team in the playoffs as a backup.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Yep. Comes down to development. Just not big enough sample sizes.

for the record in high school, I was a good 3 point shooter and a mediocre free throw shooter. No idea why. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Yep. Comes down to development. Just not big enough sample sizes.

for the record in high school, I was a good 3 point shooter and a mediocre free throw shooter. No idea why. 

There's more pressure on shooting free throws as there’s no defense. Also, it's a set shot vs a jump shot so that could be something.

Edited by turtle28

I love the graphics that DCsportsXP does - he's the guy who did the Red Wolves Terry icy white jersey & helmet I loved - and if you click on this you can see that he does a jersey swap for Poole in this graphic from a Warriors to Wizards jersey it's so cool! 😎