Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

BTW... much like the Skins, the Wiz are slowly building up young talent. So that's a big plus. But that Wall contract... O.o

Also, enough of what guys do in the community. Wall does a lot in the community... but the strip clubs and in-game gang signs? 

My favorite team, outside of DC, is easily the Clips... PG, Kawhi, Beverly, Montrez? That team was built with selfless players that can score AND play defense. 

We’ve discussed this Wall stuff for over a year, we know you don’t like him, just let it go! The contract was given what? 3 years ago when Wall was healthy and coming off a great season and great playoffs! Can’t take it back, can’t trade the contract and it’s a damn shame he got hurt bc his 2017 season and playoffs that year were special with the Wizards taking the Celtics to a game 7 and almost getting to the Eastern Conference finals. His game 6 buzzer beater shot will go down as one of the best shots in team history.

I don’t think Wall is selfish, he averages 10 plus assists a game - that means he’s passing to his teammates most times when they’re open - I definitely agree he needs to be more committed on D though.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

They need to be shopping Bertans.  

Trade deadline. I haven’t even looked, I wonder what FA small forward they can get to run w/ Wall, Beal, Rui & Bryant next year?

They should re-sign Jordan MacRae but I’m not sure I want him starting. I guess between McRae, TBJ and Schofield they may have enough there.

Edited by turtle28

21 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Who cares about that? Man if I had that money too at that age or younger, I'm sure I'd enjoy it. 

The strip clubs is just one piece to it. You didn't bold the rest. And there's more. It all paints a picture. I've been to a few strip joints too. But you and I aren't professional athletes. So it's a moot point. Ovi won a Cup... should have won more than one... it took playing a two-way game... it took maturing before won one. Now compare Ovi and Wall. 

Trading Bertans would be SMART. 

Edited by Skinsin2013

1 minute ago, Skinsin2013 said:

The strip clubs is just one piece to it. You didn't bold the rest. And there's more. It all paints a picture. I've been to a few strip joints too. But you and I aren't professional athletes. So it's a moot point. Ovi won a Cup... should have won more than one... it took maturing

An irrelevant piece to this point you're trying to make, that's why. Kinda why I bolded it. I guarantee you Ovi and Nicky have not stopped going (FYI they haven't). Wall still has time to mature. Gang signs? Uh okay I guess. No one else does that either I suppose (if that's what you want to call them). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

The strip clubs is just one piece to it. You didn't bold the rest. And there's more. It all paints a picture. I've been to a few strip joints too. But you and I aren't professional athletes. So it's a moot point. Ovi won a Cup... should have won more than one... it took playing a two-way game... it took maturing before won one. Now compare Ovi and Wall. 

Trading Bertans would be SMART. 

John Wall is very overrated, but it isn't because of strip clubs or gang signs.

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Oh, and do those that didn't too while you're at it. 

Easy. 

We're not diving into difficult concepts here. Personality/character, culture (organizational), intelligence... all predictors of performance beyond skills. Even the Combine has the Wonderlic built in... and the interviews are partially designed to gather information about character issues. 

The most we have, as fans, is small (sometimes big) pieces of evidence to form an opinion about an athlete. You can't look at Wall's list of character issues and arrive at the conclusion that he's a team first guy... he's a me first guy. Using assists as an indicator is so incredibly silly, especially for a ball-dominant point guard. 

Hey, Ovi matured... maybe Wall will after getting fat in the off-season while having bone spurs in his heals... then surgery... the a show-show slip-n-fall. 

5 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Easy. 

We're not diving into difficult concepts here. Personality/character, culture (organizational), intelligence... all predictors of performance beyond skills. Even the Combine has the Wonderlic built in... and the interviews are partially designed to gather information about character issues. 

The most we have, as fans, is small (sometimes big) pieces of evidence to form an opinion about an athlete. You can't look at Wall's list of character issues and arrive at the conclusion that he's a team first guy... he's a me first guy. Using assists as an indicator is so incredibly silly, especially for a ball-dominant point guard. 

Hey, Ovi matured... maybe Wall will after getting fat in the off-season while having bone spurs in his heals... then surgery... the a show-show slip-n-fall. 

That's an opinion, you didn't prove anything. We know your opinion of Wall, it’d be nice if you had facts to support your opinion that he has poor character and intelligence.

Has Wall ever been arrested? Has he ever had major disputes w/ teammates outside of that w/ Gortat?

Keep in mind that was more Gortat then Wall, Gortat’s skills we're declining, the coaches changed the offense, all things out of Wall’s control.

Wall and Beal seem to be close, meanwhile Beal is deeply religious and doesn't seem to like to go to clubs or do anything like that but he and Wall get a long. Don't you think if Beal thought Wall was a bad guy he’d want out of DC or say something about it?

There's no THERE THERE MAN! NONE!

You don't think Wall gaining weight had to do with the fact that he had injuries to his knees, feet and achilies?

You’re on a roll on your biased hatred of the one of the greatest Wizards/Bullets ever.

Edited by turtle28