Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s because Sato also is a pass first player and he set up Beal, Morris, Gortat and Porter with open shots as well. Sato isn’t the scorer that Wall is - but unlike Porter - he is capable of breaking down a defense and getting his own shot or creating shots for others which he did while Wall was out.
Excuse. Sato's scoring has nothing to do with his dishes.

Wall was hurt this year, don’t you knew that? That’s why his shooting percentage was down. Wow, ridiculousness written just over and over.
Excuse. And you were more than happy to point out his 3pt%.

Hey but Kyle Korver... I mean Otto Porter is the best player on the Wizards! What a horrible position to have.
Lame.

The reason John shoots 62% when players are within 2 feet of him is because most of  those shots are lay ups. 
Excuse. You said John's shooting % was lower because his shots were contested more than anyone. That was flat out wrong.

It’s like you don’t actually watch the games, all you do is look at stats.
I do both. I like stats because they can make homers look silly.

10 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

No worries. You're right about John not getting traded.

No team would want him on a supermax.

You are extremely fixated on this super max deal. PG like John are very, very rare so had he hit the open market he most certainly would have signed a Max deal. It's not exactly his fault that the guy building the team for 15 years has no concept of depth or draft picks. He's not afforded the ability to have an off night because if he does and Beal doesn't pick it up then they lose. You can blame John all you want but just like Ovi, he's not the real problem. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You are extremely fixated on this super max deal. PG like John are very, very rare so had he hit the open market he most certainly would have signed a Max deal. It's not exactly his fault that the guy building the team for 15 years has no concept of depth or draft picks. He's not afforded the ability to have an off night because if he does and Beal doesn't pick it up then they lose. You can blame John all you want but just like Ovi, he's not the real problem. 

Why wouldn't I be? The guy building the team, trading away draft picks like candy, also gave it to him.

I don't blame Wall for signing it. I'm just pointing out that it cripples the team moving forward. 

John is a max player. He's not a supermax player. All you have to do is look at the list of supermax players.

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

33478318_1954562537911256_67561029524038

Beal's response to not getting a single All-NBA vote this year.

Didn't Wall do that last year with the All-NBA Defensive team? Yes he did....

When you think you're better than you really are. See Wiz record against sub .500 teams.

Definitely agree. They think they’re better than they are. Wall & Beal’s perimeter defense is one of the reasons the Wizards overall defense is poor. If you can’t lock your guy down on the perimeter then they get into the hole easily and can get a shot up over a big or if the big tries to stop the penetration the guard can dump it down to the opposing teams big for an easy dunk/layup.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...