Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

3 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Beal is on the trade market.

Ted could have saved millions by hiring me as opposed to three bozos. 

They should have done the bud forever ago when his value was highest. Not that his value isn’t high now but we will not get as much as we could have due to that contract

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

They should have done the bud forever ago when his value was highest. Not that his value isn’t high now but we will not get as much as we could have due to that contract

I kinda think it isn't... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I kinda think it isn't... 

Woj was just on a Ringer podcast.  He thinks the Wizards can get a first round pick and a player for Beal. That is a pretty poor return for someone who's value was a lot higher several years ago.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

😂

Tony 100% right, especially when he mentioned how a much of a loser Beal has been since the Wizards traded John Wall. 😉 

I still wish they had signed Wall after he was released by the Clippers last year.

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Woj was just on a Ringer podcast.  He thinks the Wizards can get a first round pick and a player for Beal. That is a pretty poor return for someone who's value was a lot higher several years ago.

I think the best trades we could hope for is Beal are:

1. Beal to Portland for Anfernee Simons & #3 overall pick and we take Scoot Henderson. It will be like having a young John Wall & Bradley Beal again to go along with KP & our young forwards.

Maybe Kuz re-signs too?

Doubt it though.

2. Beal to GS for Poole, Kuminga & their 2023 pick

3. Beal to Sacramento for Malik Monk, Davion Mitchell, Trey Lyles & their 2023 pick

4. Beal to New Orleans for McCollum, Trey Murphy & Dyson Daniels

5. Beal to Boston for Derrick White, Malcolm Brogdon & their 2023 & 2024 1st round draft pick

6. Beal to Miami for Kyle Lowry, Tyler Hero, Caleb Martin & 2023 1st rnd pick

7. Beal to the NYK for RJ Barrett, Isaiah Quickley, Evan Fournier, Obi Toppin & 2023 1st round pick

8. Beal to Dallas for Tim Hardaway, Reggie Bullock, Josh Green & 2023 1st rnd pick

9. Beal to Phil for Tobias Harris, De’Anthony Melton, 2023 & 2024 1st round picks

10. Beal to Mil for Kris Middleton, Marjon Beauchamp, Pat Cannaughton, 2023 & 2024 1st round picks

11. Beal to Phx for Chris Paul who may retire after the trade or ask for a buyout, Landry Shamet, Torrey Craig, 2023 & 2024 1st round picks 

Edited by turtle28

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Tony 100% right, especially when he mentioned how a much of a loser Beal has been since the Wizards traded John Wall. 😉 

I still wish they had signed Wall after he was released by the Clippers last year.

So is this the typical part where we bad mouth a franchise cornerstone on their way out? Is it Bradley Beals fault that Tommy Sheppard can't draft or because Ted is a moron and was willing to give him multiple max contracts? I'm not the biggest fan of Beal but Grunfeld, Sheppard and Leonsis all squandered Wall and Beals prime with terrible trades, bad free agent signings and awful drafts. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So is this the typical part where we bad mouth a franchise cornerstone on their way out? Is it Bradley Beals fault that Tommy Sheppard can't draft or because Ted is a moron and was willing to give him multiple max contracts? I'm not the biggest fan of Beal but Grunfeld, Sheppard and Leonsis all squandered Wall and Beals prime with terrible trades, bad free agent signings and awful drafts. 

It’s mostly true. The only part I would push back on is that we don’t make the 2nd round 3 times in 5 years if Ernie doesn’t trade for Gortat, Ariza the first time - the 2nd time made no sense when he traded Oubre after trading Porter - Nene & Markief Morris.

Everyone thought Tommy was doing well bc we got Russ for the declining/injured Wall but Russ didn’t want to stay after 1 year. Then Tommy had the Russ to Lakers trade but the only thing we got out of that which worked was Kuz & instead of trading Kuz bc he might not stay this summer Ted/Tommy held onto him to try to be the 10th seed. So stupid & short sided.

Now it’s looking almost assuredly that Kuz won’t re-sign here. Just poor management.

Edited by turtle28

I'd do it but it seems like the Heat aren't getting enough IMO, but maybe I'm wrong. A Chris Paul & Shamet swap for Lowry & Hero doesn't seem like a win for them. I think Washington would have to send someone to the Heat, just a role player but still something like Morris, Delon Wright or Daniel Gafford or Payne should be going to Miami & not Washington.

Edited by turtle28

So, if the #Wizards can pull of getting Herro & the 18th pick w/ Lowry & in the Beal & Morris trade what could their 2023 line up look like:

PG - Lowry (buy him out)

Cason Wallace (#8) - 15 ppg, 4 rebs, 6 asts

Goodwin - 7 ppg, 4 rebs, 4 asts

SG: Herro - 25 ppg, 6 rebs, 5 asts 

Delon Wright - 8 pts, 5 rebs, 4 asts

SF: Kispert - 13 pts, 5 rebs, 2 asts

J. Davis - 10 pts, 4 rebs, 2 asts

PF: KP (if not traded) - 25 pts, 10 rebs, 3 asts

Deni - 9 pts, 8 rebs, 3 asts

Kris Murray (#18) - 7 pts, 5 rebs, 1 ast

Isiah Todd - 4 pts, 3 rebs, 1 ast

C Gafford - 10 pts, 8 rebs

Huff - 8 pts, 5 rebs

If KP is traded for a young player/1st rnd pick & bad contract then this team should be picking in the top 5 in the 2024 NBA draft & get a great C or forward prospect.