Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

12 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

2026. So you need three years of tanking. Or else you lose that 1st rounder. 

This is gonna take four years before this FO actually looks to win IMO. I mean, if we nail a few first-rounders, it could happen faster and you don't worry about that pick... because you'll have a few pick swaps coming up. I guess that's a good problem to have. 

I just love watching the mechanics of a good rebuild. Taking future (waaaaaay out) draft assets from good teams now (bad teams later) is painful. But in five years, we'll have some excellent options. 

Personally, I think we're good. I don't see us turning this around & being a playoff team until our 4th or 5th year of the rebuild.

I love the pick. Again we’re talking about long term and darts. He fits that. He won’t be stepping up until the team is. That’s fine. Probably still growing too. He’s compared to OG Anunoby a lot which is a great complement player to have. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

My initial reaction - I hate the pick. So it's probably a good one.

Edit - Well they called him all-defense. So I do like that.

I don't love it either but, he has a lot of potential. Guys that really watch & scout the draft have been raving about him on Twitter wanting him to be the pick.

Currently he's an athletic freak & a good defender. He's a good shooter too & so there's a lot to work with.

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’ll just throw this out there.  Espn had an analytics article the other day on all the prospects and they had this guy that the wizards just took as the most overrated prospect of anyone being mentioned in the lottery.

Well crap lol

I’ve defended some of their moves to this point by that was a terrible trade and a terrible pick.  There was zero percent chance Indy was taking that guy, so the trade up was idiotic, plus they took an inferior prospect imo.  Not a good start.

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’ve defended some of their moves to this point by that was a terrible trade and a terrible pick.  There was zero percent chance Indy was taking that guy, so the trade up was idiotic, plus they took an inferior prospect imo.  Not a good start.

I don't think we know enough yet. Wizards diehard fans/bloggers on Twitter have been targeting him for weeks. We will learn a lot about him during the summer league.

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Would easily have taken Jarace Walker over Bilal, let alone paid some premium to get Bilal.

But who the hell knows? It’s so hard to know what these super young guys will become. At least he has some upside, I suppose.

“Upside” is another way of saying he’s pretty terrible right now 

Interesting pick with the Serbian kid. Seems to have some game. Played at a pretty high level at a young age. Love hearing that he turned heads at the combine — certainly suggests he’s ready for the challenge at this level. 

Would enjoy a Trayce Jackson-Davis pick here at 59. That kid can play. I have a hard time envisioning him not being a decent bench player at least.

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Would enjoy a Trayce Jackson-Davis pick here at 59. That kid can play. I have a hard time envisioning him not being a decent bench player at least.

😂 the last time I really called such a late pick was probably Trey Quinn as Mr. Irrelevant. 

…they’ll surely trade TJD now

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

Would easily have taken Jarace Walker over Bilal, let alone paid some premium to get Bilal.

But who the hell knows? It’s so hard to know what these super young guys will become. At least he has some upside, I suppose.

Yeah, that's how I feel. When I saw Jarace play last year he was the forward I wanted if we were picking in the 5-10 range. I'm pretty bummed he was traded but I hope Bilal develops into a good/great player w/on a few years.

EVERY Patrick Baldwin Jr. THREE from His Rookie Season

Wizards also acquired Paul Baldwin, Jr. (PBJ) in the Jordan Poole trade, and he is a good 3pt shooter at 6’9, 220 lbs. 

Tristan Vukcevic is a straight-up steal on the 2nd. My protection is he puts on 10-20 pounds of muscle over the next 2 to 3 years & is eventually out starting center. 

Bilal in 2 years is starting at PF IMO. They say he’s still growing, hopefully, he gets to be 6’10-6’11 and puts on 10-20 pounds of muscle as Gianis did.