Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Taking a gander at some mocks, 14 looks like it might be a decent place to get a PG with a little upside. 

Looking specifically at Rob Dillingham and Nikola Topić. Both of whom fit the “boom/bust” mold pretty well — although only one really seems to fit the OKC positional size prototype (Topić). 

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Taking a gander at some mocks, 14 looks like it might be a decent place to get a PG with a little upside. 

Looking specifically at Rob Dillingham and Nikola Topić. Both of whom fit the “boom/bust” mold pretty well — although only one really seems to fit the OKC positional size prototype (Topić). 

Dillingham has some insane highlight reels online. Topic may have to miss his entire rookie season with injury, which may actually be appealing for a tanking team. 

I think that was the easy pick there. 

Team needs upside, this kid has the most in the draft. Something in that Jaren Jackson/Evan Mobley neighborhood would be a dream come true out of this draft class.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think that was the easy pick there. 

Team needs upside, this kid has the most in the draft. Something in that Jaren Jackson/Evan Mobley neighborhood would be a dream come true out of this draft class.

Agreed. Creating any sort of defensive identity is fantastic

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

When do you think we’re gonna be good? Do you think we’re two years away?

If they aren't good within 3 years then Dawkins should be fired. I don't even mean great. Just good. I have no clue how a pick 5 years from now accomplishes that? Or some second round picks in a league where they almost never matter. 

19 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Buzelis, Topić, Knecht, or Cody Williams would all be interesting options.

I’m gonna be real pissed if all 4 come off the board in the 4 picks after I posted that 😂

Fully expect that, though.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m gonna be real pissed if all 4 come off the board in the 4 picks after I posted that 😂

Fully expect that, though.

I know knect can score but he's pretty old for a rebuilding team. Not really sure he gives you anything Kispert doesn't already too. 

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I know knect can score but he's pretty old for a rebuilding team. Not really sure he gives you anything Kispert doesn't already too. 

Yeah, that’s a fair point. 

I love the player, but you’re right, probably not the right fit for this timeline. Really wish they could have gotten Topić, that would have made perfect sense.

Edited by e16bball