Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If we're adamant about playing Smith on his natural side, then we need to sign a defensive bottom pairing RHD and pair him with Butcher. Let Smith ride with Subban. It's almost going to HAVE to be a trade though. The right hand defensive UFA market is barren. It's all 6/7 guys and the only natural RHD defensive dmen available are Engelland and Stone and neither were good at all last year. I REALLY hope we aren't planning on plugging Walsh in immediately. That would be BRUTAL on the bottom pair, even if it's Smith and not Butcher.

Murray-Severson
Smith-Subban
Butcher-UFA/Trade

I'd guess no on Walsh. Just not ready yet defensively. Probably why we wanted Bogo. 

I'm fine with Vats, though I'm guessing he's not in the cards. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd guess no on Walsh. Just not ready yet defensively. Probably why we wanted Bogo. 

I'm fine with Vats, though I'm guessing he's not in the cards. 

If Vats can only get 1 year in this market, I'm in on him. Why not? Not like there's anything better out there UFA wise right now.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

If Vats can only get 1 year in this market, I'm in on him. Why not? Not like there's anything better out there UFA wise right now.

That's what I'm hoping for. 

I'm trying to think of a righty besides cernak who's getting squeezed out right now

12. MacKenzie Weegar’s a popular name. Anaheim, Boston, Colorado, Toronto and Winnipeg are among those who have checked in. It is believed the Maple Leafs turned down a Travis Dermott/Andreas Johnsson request. Tyson Jost was discussed with the Avalanche and Jack Roslovic with the Jets. Roslovic is headed for a fresh start.

how are we not one of the names in on this, and how is Zacha still a devil? I'm moving him to m for weegar in a heartbeat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

12. MacKenzie Weegar’s a popular name. Anaheim, Boston, Colorado, Toronto and Winnipeg are among those who have checked in. It is believed the Maple Leafs turned down a Travis Dermott/Andreas Johnsson request. Tyson Jost was discussed with the Avalanche and Jack Roslovic with the Jets. Roslovic is headed for a fresh start.

how are we not one of the names in on this, and how is Zacha still a devil? I'm moving him to m for weegar in a heartbeat

Yeah, if they are asking for Tyson Jost or Jack Roslovic, we need to dangle Zacha.

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really hard not to be excited by holtz 

I mean, I hope I'm wrong on him for the sake of the Devils. Just underwhelmed by him for the most part but if he's an elite goal scorer then let's go. As you can probably decipher, my feelings on taking him at 7 almost directly comes from taking Perreault at 20. I'm more upset about not getting Perreault than I really am at getting Holtz.

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have found the guy that the devils are required to draft next year. They let me down by not getting Gunnarwolfe Fontaine. They better not let me down next year. 

Red freaking Savage. Seriously. That's legit. 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/512173/red-savage

Really? Red Savage and not Owen Power? lol