Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm thinking 7/77 for Hall. Not sure we will give him the full 8 because of the 35 rule, I'm pretty sure. 

I figure 8/69 or something like that for Nico. 

I think that I'd like to see something along the lines of 5x22.5 for Bratt if we can. 

I bet, if we are winning, both Nico and Bratt take bridge deals to sustain the Cup chances. I don't think either are Mitch Marner types.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I bet, if we are winning, both Nico and Bratt take bridge deals to sustain the Cup chances. I don't think either are Mitch Marner types.

No. If Hughes it's the real deal, Nico is a strong two way center. He's far more likely to get a selke than any sort of point trophy. But I thinking he's the guy they want to lock up. 

Bratt is more if an interesting case because I get the bridge deal, but at the same time, for me personally, I think there's a good opportunity to get him locked up reasonably

1 minute ago, Forge said:

No. If Hughes it's the real deal, Nico is a strong two way center. He's far more likely to get a selke than any sort of point trophy. But I thinking he's the guy they want to lock up. 

Bratt is more if an interesting case because I get the bridge deal, but at the same time, for me personally, I think there's a good opportunity to get him locked up reasonably

I don't think Nico gets $8+ and, perhaps with this gambling stuff, the cap goes up so it's not quite the issue with us. Either way, I think we'll handle this right. If we have to trade talent to retain talent, that probably puts us in a good spot. Means that these guys are worth what they want and we're winning.

36 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think Nico gets $8+ and, perhaps with this gambling stuff, the cap goes up so it's not quite the issue with us. Either way, I think we'll handle this right. If we have to trade talent to retain talent, that probably puts us in a good spot. Means that these guys are worth what they want and we're winning.

The athletic did the comparables. Believe it or not, his most comparable second contract is Seguin (barkov too, but he signed his deal mid season and it was insanely team friendly even then).

Nico - 151 gp / 37-62 / 18 mins

Seguin - 155 / 40 -49 / 17 mins

Seguin signed for 9.58% of the cap. That would put Nico right at 8 or so

Evolving hockey did the next wave of rfa contacts. Border projected to get over 7. Kyle Connor just below. I think if we go 8 years, it's 8 at least. If we go less, I could see it in the 7 area. 5 / 35?

Alright, so I'm going to consider myself a lucky charm.

I talked Ty Smith into existence. I talked Jack Hughes into existence (even before the lottery). I talked PK Subban into existence.

So...I won't shoot the moon in my next request but...bring me Joonas Donskoi, Raymundo.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Bratt-Hughes-Donskoi
Boqvist-Zacha-Coleman
Wood-Zajac-Hayden

Vatanen-Subban
Smith-Severson
Butcher-Carrick
Greene

Schneider-Blackwood

I really think Donskoi is another version of Palmieri. Solid numbers but he's really a top 6 winger who was hindered in a loaded forward group. He'll be worth every dime and should come at a reasonable price.

Also, that's a god damn playoff team.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Alright, so I'm going to consider myself a lucky charm.

I talked Ty Smith into existence. I talked Jack Hughes into existence (even before the lottery). I talked PK Subban into existence.

So...I won't shoot the moon in my next request but...bring me Joonas Donskoi, Raymundo.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Bratt-Hughes-Donskoi
Boqvist-Zacha-Coleman
Wood-Zajac-Hayden

Vatanen-Subban
Smith-Severson
Butcher-Carrick
Greene

Schneider-Blackwood

I really think Donskoi is another version of Palmieri. Solid numbers but he's really a top 6 winger who was hindered in a loaded forward group. He'll be worth every dime and should come at a reasonable price.

Also, that's a god damn playoff team.

Damn that looks good

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol I posted it on HF and I'm getting **** for having Carrick as 3RD and Greene as 7th dman. Like, I'm pretty sure those tools will ***** about anything.

They really will lol. I actually didn't think Carrick was horrific or anything last year, though I will admit that I thought Ryan Murphy wasn't all that bad last year. 

I mean, Greene isn't going anywhere. Neither is butcher. Smith should be up. Those are your three lefties. Vats can switch back and forth depending on whoever is scratched, and Carrick is #7D. What is there to complain about? 

I mentioned over that we basically have 15 million. That is likely mostly gone next year. Anything we take on contract wise is either a moderate contract (Donskoi) or we take care eaters for a year (Clarkson, Horton, Callahan... All could be moved even with ltir, numerous guys that just have a year left in their deal).

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

They really will lol. I actually didn't think Carrick was horrific or anything last year, though I will admit that I thought Ryan Murphy wasn't all that bad last year. 

I mean, Greene isn't going anywhere. Neither is butcher. Smith should be up. Those are your three lefties. Vats can switch back and forth depending on whoever is scratched, and Carrick is #7D. What is there to complain about? 

I mentioned over that we basically have 15 million. That is likely mostly gone next year. Anything we take on contract wise is either a moderate contract (Donskoi) or we take care eaters for a year (Clarkson, Horton, Callahan... All could be moved even with ltir, numerous guys that just have a year left in their deal).

I'd be more than fine with a revolving dman core. We certainly can't go traditional because we don't have the pieces. Vats and Butcher can play both sides so it shouldn't be a problem. I dunno, those dudes on HF want their cake and wanna eat it too. You literally have to spell out every little move or else they will interpret it in the most negative way possible. 

That's why I love that it's just me and you here. We can literally directly discuss our intentions and neither of us lose our **** or misconstrue it lol.

And yes, you could do a **** ton worse than Connor Carrick as your bottom pairing RD. He ain't great but he ain't AHL fodder either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'd be more than fine with a revolving dman core. We certainly can't go traditional because we don't have the pieces. Vats and Butcher can play both sides so it shouldn't be a problem. I dunno, those dudes on HF want their cake and wanna eat it too. You literally have to spell out every little move or else they will interpret it in the most negative way possible. 

That's why I love that it's just me and you here. We can literally directly discuss our intentions and neither of us lose our **** or misconstrue it lol.

And yes, you could do a **** ton worse than Connor Carrick as your bottom pairing RD. He ain't great but he ain't AHL fodder either.

Now, that being said, I don't completely hate the idea of a Vats trade, just because of his contract. I'm not sure what Florida's defense looked like, but with Hoffman only having a year left, that's be a tempting swap (though we'd probably have to add, and Hoffman is a lefty, so not ideal). But honestly, not a big deal. Vats, Severson and subban it's a great right hand trio. Smith, butcher and Greene are find on the left. Do I want a better to end leftie? Analytics, but that's not horribad by any stretch. And we are likely to still have Mueller. 

I'd rather get one more middle six winger

Just now, Forge said:

Now, that being said, I don't completely hate the idea of a Vats trade, just because of his contract. I'm not sure what Florida's defense looked like, but with Hoffman only having a year left, that's be a tempting swap (though we'd probably have to add, and Hoffman is a lefty, so not ideal). But honestly, not a big deal. Vats, Severson and subban it's a great right hand trio. Smith, butcher and Greene are find on the left. Do I want a better to end leftie? Analytics, but that's not horribad by any stretch. And we are likely to still have Mueller. 

I'd rather get one more middle six winger

Vats is such an interesting case because it's hard to tell what we're going to do with him. I doubt we'll extend him and we'll probably be good enough to where we can't flip him at the deadline. So, we're in that "trade him now" or run it back and lose him spot. I'm fine with either. We don't have a true top pairing LD so I'm fine with trotting him out there at that spot until we can do something about it (whether it be Smith developing into it or Shero working his magic again). 

If we can flip him for a true LHD, let's go. I'm all for it. Just don't know what we can really do when he has no term left. We could gamble on Brodie. Either way, we run into that issue to whether play Butcher on the right side or not give Ty Smith his keep. Smith deserves a chance to earn his minutes (he was close to doing so last year and he only got better), so I'd have a hard time with him being the 7th dman. I want him on the ice for a minimum of 12 minutes a night.

Hynes and Shero still have their hands full. It's been one hell of a last few days but we are far from finished.

Also, that "one more middle six winger" thing, is that before or after the Donskoi projection?

I haven't been this excited for a Devils season since I was a teenager/pre-teen. 2011-2012 was fun but unexpected. I want a title as an adult FFS. I got to see '95, '00 and '03 but I was a kid/young adult. I wanna be able to get drunk and spend a ridiculous amount of money on merchandise when we win. We're a ways from it but, as we saw this year, it's a get in and see what happens league. There's a reason why only 8 of the 33 President's Trophy winners have won the Cup. This **** is wide open.

Edited by beekay414