Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'd go as high as $5 Million AAV for Donskoi. Would just depend on term at that point. 

I feel like he's a really good fit.  I don't need a power play guy. A guy like boqvist would be good there with limited 5x5 minutes while Donskoi can eat up the EV minutes 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like he's a really good fit.  I don't need a power play guy. A guy like boqvist would be good there with limited 5x5 minutes while Donskoi can eat up the EV minutes 

Oh, he'd be a great fit. He's superb 5v5. Feel like he'd be a 45-50 point player if he got an expanded role. That's worth $5 Million or better for me. 

I'm not sure exactly what type of defenseman that Toronto needs, but I Know that they need d-men. If I were Shero, I'd be trying to pry Nylander for Butcher +

Then maybe target the Wild and see if we can work out something for Brodin. 

Looks like Pavelski and Tampa would like to make it work. Not sure how they do that with the money, but I swear, I look at our team, how much it has struggled, then look at the fact that I think a lot of our cap will be eaten up over the next  2 years, and I'm like, okay, where the hell do these teams get the money for all this? lol

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Looks like Pavelski and Tampa would like to make it work. Not sure how they do that with the money, but I swear, I look at our team, how much it has struggled, then look at the fact that I think a lot of our cap will be eaten up over the next  2 years, and I'm like, okay, where the hell do these teams get the money for all this? lol

I think we'll be alright going forward. Especially considering there will be a new CBA and potential for a soft cap like the NBA has. 

Reason I think this is of note is that one of the HF guys said we've been talking to Anders Lee. Can't say if be too stoked about that - he's already 29 years old, will no doubt get a 6 year deal, he's another left handed shot. Would certainly fill the goal scorer need, but I worry about putting that much faith in a guy's 30+ years. I legit feel like he's lucic part 2