Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

44 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I actually want Anders Lee. He's an absolutely perfect fit on the 2nd line with Hughes.

Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Lee-Hughes-Palmieri

is a legit af top 6 grouping.

I just can't give him six years at 29. I don't think he's got more than 2 or 3 good ones left. That contract is going to problematic on the back end, I think. 

Fwiw, evolving hockey had his contract estimate at 7x7  

34 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

@Forge

Canucks are buying out Ryan Spooner. What's the deal with him? Saw he was a ~50 pt scorer for the Bruins a while back but couldn't get on the ice with the Rags, Oilers or Canucks. Was he an injury case?

Honestly, it's just like his play fell off a cliff from what I've heard. All secondhand, of course, but yeah, he's been a disaster the last few years. Possible he was just propped up on a good bruins team

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just can't give him six years at 29. I don't think he's got more than 2 or 3 good ones left. That contract is going to problematic on the back end, I think. 

As a 33 year old, I take offense to that...

I'm not worried about the back end of that deal. Push comes to shove, we manipulate the system like the Lightning just did with Callahan. Lee is a perfect fit and I'll take 3 years of good Lee and deal with the rest later. We have no idea how the new CBA is going to look anyways.

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

As a 33 year old, I take offense to that...

I'm not worried about the back end of that deal. Push comes to shove, we manipulate the system like the Lightning just did with Callahan. Lee is a perfect fit and I'll take 3 years of good Lee and deal with the rest later. We have no idea how the new CBA is going to look anyways.

I'm 37 lol. 

He's got everything we need (I'd prefer if he was a righty), won't deny that. He a perfect fit if he can keep his skating good enough and he's built for the playoffs. I will say that he doesn't have the mileage of a typical 29 year old. Only 425 games or something

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Predators get duchene and at only 8m aav. 

God damn. 

That might bode well for the rest of the contracts tho unless it was just 100% that Duchene was going to Nashville regardless of the numbers. What was the term?

EDIT - saw 7/56. 

Edited by beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

I'm 37 lol. 

He's got everything we need (I'd prefer if he was a righty), won't deny that. He a perfect fit if he can keep his skating good enough and he's built for the playoffs. I will say that he doesn't have the mileage of a typical 29 year old. Only 425 games or something

He's perfect for Hughes IMO. I know he dropped down to 28 goals from 40 last year but I think he can be in that 35-40 goal range again playing with Hughes as his triggerman. We could keep Palms on the first line and play Bratt on the 2nd unit to help defensively considering Palms is a sieve on that end and we probably wouldn't want to put so much pressure on Hughes to play great D.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I dunno. I'm pretty deadset on getting one of Lee or Donskoi. Don't see the need for Nyquist.

Yeah, the Jersey board is all over Nyquist. Don't understand that myself. He's a lot of what we already have. Good player, just don't know what to do with him. He and bratt on a line together would be like the minimum fifteen pass offense

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, the Jersey board is all over Nyquist. Don't understand that myself. He's a lot of what we already have. Good player, just don't know what to do with him. He and bratt on a line together would be like the minimum fifteen pass offense

Would've had Connolly in there but I think he's signing with Florida, right?

Just now, beekay414 said:

Would've had Connolly in there but I think he's signing with Florida, right?

I've heard a couple people in on him, but haven't seen anything saying he's likely to sign somewhere yet.

I'm still trying to figure out if we are looking at FA, or working more trades