Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We better be getting Anders Lee or trading for a top 6 forward. If our answer is Micheal Ferland, I'll be pissed.

Someone posted on the Jersey board that Lebrun, Bob and gord have all mentioned is as an offer sheet team. If that is true, and that's what we are doing, I'm okay with that, I think (depending on player). San Jose has to lose Meier or leblanc, I think. Either is perfect, neither is going to be prohibitive (Meier would cost 1/2/3, leblanc less), and San Jose can't strike back in the best future

We could go for the big fish (Laine strikes me as being most willing to sign a realistic offer sheet), but I think at this point, Winnipeg could probably match

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also seeing Nyquist to CBJ assuming they strike out on Panarin @Forge

That would make a lot of sense. They almost have to try and sign as many real players as they can this ufa period. They completely sold their future lol

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Someone posted on the Jersey board that Lebrun, Bob and gord have all mentioned is as an offer sheet team. If that is true, and that's what we are doing, I'm okay with that, I think (depending on player). San Jose has to lose Meier or leblanc, I think. Either is perfect, neither is going to be prohibitive (Meier would cost 1/2/3, leblanc less), and San Jose can't strike back in the best future

We could go for the big fish (Laine strikes me as being most willing to sign a realistic offer sheet), but I think at this point, Winnipeg could probably match

We don't have a 2 though, so it'd have to be a 1st and 3rd deal for Timo and I think SJS matches that regardless. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

We don't have a 2 though, so it'd have to be a 1st and 3rd deal for Timo and I think SJS matches that regardless. 

They are going to have a real tough time matching 8 million. Not impossible, but tough. Also, I know that like in the matter situation (4 firsts), it can be spread over 5 years. I'm assuming something similar could be done here (1 and 3 this year, 2 the following). 

Even still, I'd be more than happy with lablanc if we went that route. 24 years old. Gotten better every year. Right handed RW coming off 50 point season. Wish he scored more goals, but still. At the cost / agree / production, I'll take it

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

They are going to have a real tough time matching 8 million. Not impossible, but tough. Also, I know that like in the matter situation (4 firsts), it can be spread over 5 years. I'm assuming something similar could be done here (1 and 3 this year, 2 the following). 

Even still, I'd be more than happy with lablanc if we went that route. 24 years old. Gotten better every year. Right handed RW coming off 50 point season. Wish he scored more goals, but still. At the cost / agree / production, I'll take it

Can't divert the 1/2/3 like you can the 1/1/1/1 because they aren't all in the same round. The 1/2/3 would all have to come at the same time.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Can't divert the 1/2/3 like you can the 1/1/1/1 because they aren't all in the same round. The 1/2/3 would all have to come at the same time.

Ugh, that sucks. A lot of the offer sheet comps involve that second lol

Just now, Forge said:

Ugh, that sucks. A lot of the offer sheet comps involve that second lol

We either have to settle on $6.3 Million and hope the Sharks can't match or go after a big fish like Laine/Marner at $10.6+ Million and surrender 4 firsts in the next 5 seasons.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We either have to settle on $6.3 Million and hope the Sharks can't match or go after a big fish like Laine/Marner at $10.6+ Million and surrender 4 firsts in the next 5 seasons.

Yeah, and I think the four firsts is simply too much. Sure, it could actually be worth it (I mean, we waited 13 years between finding a competent first round pick better Travis and Nico) and when Washington got four firsts for Stevens, the only real player they got out of that was Sergei Gonchar. But the potential and low cost players is so important

Lablanc they wouldn't match at like 5, I'd bet

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, and I think the four firsts is simply too much. Sure, it could actually be worth it (I mean, we waited 13 years between finding a competent first round pick better Travis and Nico) and when Washington got four firsts for Stevens, the only real player they got out of that was Sergei Gonchar. But the potential and low cost players is so important

Lablanc they wouldn't match at like 5, I'd bet

Well, I'd like to think that, if you go after Marner and surrender your picks, you trust your scouting to know which draft to surrender said picks. 

A lot of talk from Dreger about us "big name hunting" and possible offer sheets / trade. I think we are out on anything FA related besides maybe some depth signings. 

Aho could make a lot of sense. Apparently they are far off in talks, and Carolina is really trying to squeeze him out (they offered 7.5 for 8 years, which is ridiculously low). 

Honestly, if we don't get Hall signed soon, I'd be shopping him around actively. 

Fact of the matter is, our division is going to be a complete bloodbath, and I wouldn't take a shot on our roster at this point to absolutely make the playoffs etc. The Rangers with Panarin / Trouba / Kakko are going to be much better than they were. Just clogs up the middle for teams like us. Columbus is likely worse, and I think that the Isles regress (though that would likely just put us on a level more comparable to us).