Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

If they settle in arb, he won't in my opinion. If they go long term, Severson would be my starting point in contact negotiations if I were his agent

Thing is, he's not better than Sev. Butcher is, in all reality, a bottom pairing LHD, with a 2nd pairing ceiling. Sevs has a ceiling of top pair and has a better track record than Butcher.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was listening to DI and they said they same thing about Okhotyuk. Much more fluid and better skater than he thought and it was noticeable in 3 on 3

Yes, that's who I was thinking of. Couldn't remember how to spell it. He was considered stiff during the draft and a possible reach but he looked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than advertised in camp.

I really want Gardiner now that the market has settled down and we've seen the deals MarJo and Dzingel signed. There's zero chance he turns down 3 years, $18 Million. He's off the books before Hughes needs his extension and that's all that matters. Zajac and Greene fall off before Bratt and Hischier need theirs. We'd have no problem fitting Jake in.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Thing is, he's not better than Sev. Butcher is, in all reality, a bottom pairing LHD, with a 2nd pairing ceiling. Sevs has a ceiling of top pair and has a better track record than Butcher.

I would agree that Severson had higher upside. Butcher has never passed the eye test for me defensively, but you just know his agents are going to pull out those appealing advanced numbers

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would agree that Severson had higher upside. Butcher has never passed the eye test for me defensively, but you just know his agents are going to pull out those appealing advanced numbers

I just can't see him getting better than $3 Million.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I just can't see him getting better than $3 Million.

That would be my hope. At 3-3.5, I think he's very tradable for nice value. Whomever trades for him can work out the extension, but 3m is easily about to be absorbed by most teams

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

AND HE HAD MORE EVEN STRENGTH ASSISTS THAN NICO HISCHIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record, I believe that was less than 12 lol. He had 2 pp assists. Not sure how many of the EV assists were primary.

It reminds me of that baseball movie...I think it was little big league;

"Last year though, he was 6th in the American League in hitting right-handers he was facing for the first time, after the seventh inning, at home."

"An interesting side note; that's the 14th one-run game for the Tigers already this season.  Tops for any team north of the Mason-Dixon Line, whose home games are not played in a dome."

• Like 1

Like, I know someone like Miles Wood shouldn't get hatred because he's a hard working, fast skater, but, my god, I can't help it. I hate "blue collar" fan favorites. They are ALWAYS the most overrated players on the team. Like, you didn't see Pittsburgh fans bitching when they traded Ryan Reaves.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

For the record, I believe that was less than 12 lol. He had 2 pp assists. Not sure how many of the EV assists were primary.

It reminds me of that baseball movie...I think it was little big league;

"Last year though, he was 6th in the American League in hitting right-handers he was facing for the first time, after the seventh inning, at home."

"An interesting side note; that's the 14th one-run game for the Tigers already this season.  Tops for any team north of the Mason-Dixon Line, whose home games are not played in a dome."

Exactly. How many of those assists were primary? I'm going to say less than 10 and that's giving Miles more credit than I should.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Exactly. How many of those assists were primary? I'm going to say less than 10 and that's giving Miles more credit than I should.

It's just one of those things. Everyone ignored my point about Nico because (rightfully) it's not considered super valid. I could, by right, use that same statistic to point out that if Nico was outscored by wood in that regard, that Nico simply isn't as good as everyone thinks. But nobody would listen to that... Because they shouldn't lol. It's ridiculous to make that argument over a small sample like that

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's just one of those things. Everyone ignored my point about Nico because (rightfully) it's not considered super valid. I could, by right, use that same statistic to point out that if Nico was outscored by wood in that regard, that Nico simply isn't as good as everyone thinks. But nobody would listen to that... Because they shouldn't lol. It's ridiculous to make that argument over a small sample like that

This is what I found in regards to even strength primary assists...

Bratt: 12
Severson: 12
Hall: 11
Hischier: 10
Palmieri: 10
Wood: 9
Coleman: 7
Zajac: 6
Butcher: 3
Zacha: 3

Left off Greene, Johansson, Boyle and Vatanen 

So that dude is full of ****. We just flat out sucked even strength.

• Like 1