Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

I wonder if Vegas would settle for a conditional 2021 1st and McLeod for Gusev. If they are getting second round pick + low level prospect offers, that 2021 conditional 1st, which is basically a 2021 2nd, at worst, should be appealing. 

If Gusev is good, they get a 1st. If he's not, they still get that 2nd.

I'd also consider offering Aarne Talvitie or Reilly Walsh. But they aren't getting a conditional 1st outta that deal. Walsh could make sense due to the fact that we went heavy on D this draft and we have a plethora of RD talent.

Edited by beekay414

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also keep seeing rumors that we're in on Jake Gardiner but we're pretty tight lipped so I think that has more to do with our cap space situation and our need for a LD than anything legit.

Yeah it's weird how much talk there was about us doing "big" stuff and then nothing lol. I definitely think it's a case of people just looking at the space

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah it's weird how much talk there was about us doing "big" stuff and then nothing lol. I definitely think it's a case of people just looking at the space

It amazes me how slow the NHL offseason is. It's similar to MLB. It has it's big quick splash and then nothing til spring training/camp.

But, on that note, I'd be more than fine with Gardiner. A team lacking defensive talent can't really argue against bringing him in on a reasonable deal. Beggars can't be choosers. At this point, you'd have to imagine any deal would be reasonable.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

But, on that note, I'd be more than fine with Gardiner. A team lacking defensive talent can't really argue against bringing him in on a reasonable deal. Beggars can't be choosers. At this point, you'd have to imagine any deal would be reasonable.

I agree. I'd prefer like a 2-3 year deal if possible. At that point I'm absolutely moving butcher though. Get me ehlers or Nylander

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I agree. I'd prefer like a 2-3 year deal if possible. At that point I'm absolutely moving butcher though. Get me ehlers or Nylander

See, I'd love the depth on D but we're never scratching Greene and it doesn't make sense to have Smith with the team just to scratch him.

Gardiner-Subban
Butcher-Vatanen
Smith-Severson
Greene-Carrick
Mueller* (RFA)

Man, we'd have to trade Butcher or Vatenen. I don't think we'll trade Butcher though unless we get a great price. I think Vats is the odd man out there with Carrick being paid to be the 3rd pairing RHD. Would hope Vatanen could get us a top 6 winger. Even if it's an expiring top 6er. I'd kill for Mike Hoffman. Vatanen+Walsh+pick for Hoffman. I'm fine with that.

Gardiner-Subban
Smith-Severson
Greene-Carrick
Mueller

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

See, I'd love the depth on D but we're never scratching Greene and it doesn't make sense to have Smith with the team just to scratch him.

Gardiner-Subban
Butcher-Vatanen
Smith-Severson
Greene-Carrick
Mueller* (RFA)

Man, we'd have to trade Butcher or Vatenen. I don't think we'll trade Butcher though unless we get a great price. I think Vats is the odd man out there with Carrick being paid to be the 3rd pairing RHD. Would hope Vatanen could get us a top 6 winger. Even if it's an expiring top 6er. I'd kill for Mike Hoffman. Vatanen+Walsh+pick for Hoffman. I'm fine with that.

Gardiner-Subban
Smith-Severson
Greene-Carrick
Mueller

I could definitely see Vats being the odd man out. I can't believe that the team would really have interest in signing him long term, especially if he's going to command more than he's making now (which I think that he will). I mean, he's fine, I just think the cap resources can be put to better use. Unfortunately, I think that he has almost no trade value. I think you're looking at getting a rental in return, or taking a very low level return. I'm open to swapping him out for a similar rental on a LD or top 6 type forward, I'm just not sure what type of guys like that are available. 

Honestly, I'll be curious to see if Smith makes the team this year. He kind of got smoked at dev camp this year from what I understand. Had a lot of problems keeping up with the speed of some of the other guys. The problem is, I don't think that you're sending him back to minors for his +2 year. That doesn't solve anything, so I think it has to be Bing or the big team. 

So apparently Gusev's camp has a hard deadline that has to be met, otherwise he goes back to negotiating exclusively with the KHL (and he's already signed an offer sheet over there, so a deal should be easy, from my understanding). 

That would honestly be quite amazing if that happens. 

Yeah, HF is homerific or anything. This was a real post on the Devils board LOLOL. What in the world. 

I wonder what it would take to acquire Matthew Tkachuk from the cap-strapped Calgary Flames.

I would offer:

Sami Vatanen @50% retained + Mike McLeod + Miles Wood + 2020 1st round pick + Nikita Okhotyuk

FOR

Matthew Tkachuk (Signed 7 years, $8.85 million AAV) + Michael Stone

• Like 1