Gusev-Hughes-Bratt
Boqvist-Zacha-Simmonds
Wood-Zajac-Coleman
Hayden

Butcher-Subban
Smith-Severson
Greene-Vatanen
Mueller-Carrick

Blackwood-Schneider (50/50 split or 55/45 in favor of Blackwood)

Notes
Like several others have said on HF, I'd probably want Palmieri on Hall/Hischier's line just so we don't weigh down Hughes with more defensive responsibility than he's ready for due to Palms being a sieve on that end. From what I've read from Russian fans, Gusev isn't a great skater (not like Hughes and Bratt anyways) so I don't think it would make sense to weigh down Hughes with two forwards that aren't burners. Bratt can snipe it, he just needs to let it fly more. 

I went with Boqvist on the 3rd line with Zacha and Simmonds due to the appeal of running that insane 4th line out there against team's top scoring lines. You can flip flop them for all I care. Call it 3rd line A and 3rd line B lmao. One other option would be to see if we can get Boqvist to Bingo and have Seney/Rooney as our 4th line C with Zacha being the 3rd line LW but I'd rather keep him on the dot. Gonna be interesting to see what Hynes runs out there.

Defense is going to be a jigsaw puzzle. Could run those 3 pairings or could flip Vatanen and Butcher. 

Edited by beekay414

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Gusev-Hughes-Bratt
Boqvist-Zacha-Simmonds
Wood-Zajac-Coleman
Hayden

Butcher-Subban
Smith-Severson
Greene-Vatanen
Mueller-Carrick

Blackwood-Schneider (50/50 split or 55/45 in favor of Blackwood)

Notes
Like several others have said on HF, I'd probably want Palmieri on Hall/Hischier's line just so we don't weigh down Hughes with more defensive responsibility than he's ready for due to Palms being a sieve on that end. From what I've read from Russian fans, Gusev isn't a great skater (not like Hughes and Bratt anyways) so I don't think it would make sense to weigh down Hughes with two forwards that aren't burners. Bratt can snipe it, he just needs to let it fly more. 

I went with Boqvist on the 3rd line with Zacha and Simmonds due to the appeal of running that insane 4th line out there against team's top scoring lines. You can flip flop them for all I care. Call it 3rd line A and 3rd line B lmao. One other option would be to see if we can get Boqvist to Bingo and have Seney/Rooney as our 4th line C with Zacha being the 3rd line LW but I'd rather keep him on the dot. Gonna be interesting to see what Hynes runs out there.

Defense is going to be a jigsaw puzzle. Could run those 3 pairings or could flip Vatanen and Butcher. 

I saw a lot of people saying Hall-Nico-bratt on line one, but honestly, don't love having all lefties at the top and then having our top two righties on the second. 

Boqvist doesn't have a bingo option I'm pretty sure. If he doesn't make the team, I believe the agreement is that we return him to the SHL

I actually really like a boqvist / zacha pairing. Boqvist is a creator, so he may be able to get zacha in some nice positions to simply rip shots. 

That forward depth is really nice though. The crazy thing is, I'd like to have Bastian up, and I have no idea how to do it (the only player we have like him in the roster is Simmonds, so I think he could play a role). There's a big part of me that wants to send wood + butcher and get a good defending lhd back. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Boqvist doesn't have a bingo option I'm pretty sure. If he doesn't make the team, I believe the agreement is that we return him to the SHL

That was proven false a while back. Don't have the link to the tweet/article on hand but there was indication that Boqvist wants to be in North America adapting to the smaller ice. So, yes, we have a shot at stashing him in Bingo.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That was proven false a while back. Don't have the link to the tweet/article on hand but there was indication that Boqvist wants to be in North America adapting to the smaller ice. So, yes, we have a shot at stashing him in Bingo.

You are correct. Just found an article by Chris Ryan that said he can be in the NHL it SHL

At the very least we can make a play for Brodie. Dude still eats minutes and Calgary is in bad shape regarding the salary cap. 

Or what about Alec Martinez? The Kings would have to be interested in getting a young guy back

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wood, Butcher, McLeod should be enough to land Nurse, you'd think.

The crazy thing is that I don't know if Edmonton can afford it. They have a little more than 2 Mill in space. Nurse would give them another 3 and change for a little over five total. We'd have to retain lmfao. Butcher will get at least 4, and wood is 2.75

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The crazy thing is that I don't know if Edmonton can afford it. They have a little more than 2 Mill in space. Nurse would give them another 3 and change for a little over five total. We'd have to retain lmfao. Butcher will get at least 4, and wood is 2.75

Then it'd almost have to be Butcher and futures. Unless we take someone like Kassian or Brodziak back.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Then it'd almost have to be Butcher and futures. Unless we take someone like Kassian or Brodziak back.

The Potential trade market for a top lhd minute eating type really sucks lol. Seriously, that's a tapped market looking around

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Potential trade market for a top lhd minute eating type really sucks lol. Seriously, that's a tapped market looking around

Yep. Shouldn't be a problem long term for us, after this draft class, but it's apparent how big of a hole we have there now. Even with this move, I doubt that Ray is done. We almost have too much depth now (I know, I know...there's no such thing as too much depth), and we brought back Carrick and Mueller for a reason (flexibility and insurance in case Greene falls off, we trade Vatanen/Butcher/both, or Smith isn't ready). I honestly think we're going to move Butcher and/or Vatanen and some forward depth like Wood or Bastian/Anderson/etc. However, I'll guarantee that we aren't trading Boqvist unless we get a young, bonafide top pairing LHD signed long term and that's simply not going to happen.

Wood, Butcher, McLeod/Studenic for Nurse and Kassian works.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Gusev-Hughes-Bratt
Zacha-Zajac-Simmonds
Boqvist-Coleman-Kassian

Greene-Subban
Nurse-Severson
Smith-Vatanen

Looks really damn good to me. Like I've said before when projecting the D, Greene wouldn't be a top pair minute eating Dman the whole time. It'd be circumstantial/situational as to who plays that role when the situation calls for it.

That team, right there, looks like it can compete immediately.

This also allows Bastian and Anderson to take on bigger roles in Bingo and be ready to fill in for Simmonds and Kassian in 2020-2021.

Edited by beekay414