Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I was looking at Pavel Zacha and how he's STILL not signed and...lol I forgot we got Gusev.

Man, I love Ray Shero. 

Yeah, I don't know what the hold up with zacha is. Really weird. It has to be a difference in term preference. Someone wants 1 year, bridge or long term, and the other side wants something else. The money really can't be an issue I'd imagine

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't know what the hold up with zacha is. Really weird. It has to be a difference in term preference. Someone wants 1 year, bridge or long term, and the other side wants something else. The money really can't be an issue I'd imagine

Not gonna lie, I'd pay him solely for his PK ability. If he wants term, so be it. If he'd settle for 5 term at 3 aav, I'd pull that trigger immediately. The kid is THAT good on the PK.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not gonna lie, I'd pay him solely for his PK ability. If he wants term, so be it. If he'd settle for 5 term at 3 aav, I'd pull that trigger immediately. The kid is THAT good on the PK.

Agreed. I'd actually rather give him term just because I do think that there is untapped offensive potential there still, but if he's nothing more than a great pker, it still makes the deal worth it

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Agreed. I'd actually rather give him term just because I do think that there is untapped offensive potential there still, but if he's nothing more than a great pker, it still makes the deal worth it

You put him on the wing of a C worth a damn and I think he thrives. He's not a line driver himself but he can be an integral piece to one if you set him up right. I do not want to lose him over bull****. Lock him up and let's roll.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You put him on the wing of a C worth a damn and I think he thrives. He's not a line driver himself but he can be an integral piece to one if you set him up right. I do not want to lose him over bull****. Lock him up and let's roll.

If our goalies hold up, this is going to be a damn good year. Zacha is a part of that. Time to finish this off-season up

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

If our goalies hold up, this is going to be a damn good year. Zacha is a part of that. Time to finish this off-season up

I have faith. We will make the playoff but not as a walkover like the last time for the Lightning. This team is going to be GOOD. I wouldn't be shocked if we hit the 100 point mark assuming Schneider isn't toast and Blackwood can handle a 50/50 or 60/40 split.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I have faith. We will make the playoff but not as a walkover like the last time for the Lightning. This team is going to be GOOD. I wouldn't be shocked if we hit the 100 point mark assuming Schneider isn't toast and Blackwood can handle a 50/50 or 60/40 split.

Weirdly, I'm not overly concerned about the defense any more either. Like, it's not great, but I don't think it'll be bad. Defensively I think we will be at least average

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I think this year is the start of something special. I said it a lot this offseason but I think the 2019 draft sustains us going forward. I'm so ready.

If we miss the playoffs this year...hello Alexis Lafreniere (Taylor Hall has balls).

Hall is kind of the only annoying thing about this off-season. Thankfully, I get it. Even with the paper improvements, is want to see success on the ice first if I be were Hall. I think the extension will get done because I suspect we will be very solid,  it's just a little annoying waiting for it

Just now, Forge said:

Hall is kind of the only annoying thing about this off-season. Thankfully, I get it. Even with the paper improvements, is want to see success on the ice first if I be were Hall. I think the extension will get done because I suspect we will be very solid,  it's just a little annoying waiting for it

Even if it doesn't, we can expect a Mark Stone type return at the deadline. I'm not worried unless he dies on the ice (figuratively).

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not either. If Subban rebounds? Yeah, we good. It's gonna be fun.

It's also weird, but I'm kind of excited about Severson. He was good last year... Okay, not great defensively, but better, and offensively he took a step, but then he had a really nice off-season