Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

On 9/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, Forge said:

He's making the roster anyway I think. He was already included. 

Is Maltsev going to be able to play in Bingo if he doesn't make the roster? He's been in the KHL the last two years. Think he needs time in Bingo before replacing Rooney or even Hayden on the roster. Boqvist should make it but it depends on what the plan is with Zacha. If we're keeping Zacha as a center, Boqvist could make it as the 3rd line LW. 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Is Maltsev going to be able to play in Bingo if he doesn't make the roster? He's been in the KHL the last two years. Think he needs time in Bingo before replacing Rooney or even Hayden on the roster. Boqvist should make it but it depends on what the plan is with Zacha. If we're keeping Zacha as a center, Boqvist could make it as the 3rd line LW. 

Maltsev signed his ELC last year, so I think he heads to bingo. Khl doesn't have a transfer agreement, so I'm guessing he's rolling with the North American game for now unless he signs with the khl, but he's not under contract there as of yet, I think

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Maltsev signed his ELC last year, so I think he heads to bingo. Khl doesn't have a transfer agreement, so I'm guessing he's rolling with the North American game for now unless he signs with the khl, but he's not under contract there as of yet, I think

Gotcha. I think he heads to Bingo to get used to the NHL ice before he gets brought up as the 23rd man. I'd rather have that spot filled by Hayden/Rooney so we can get more important guys burn down in Bingo. Kinda want the same thing for Boqvist if he doesn't get top 9 minutes. I know the 4th line isn't what it used to be but I'd rather he got top line burn in Bingo if he's open to it.

11 hours ago, Forge said:

So we're had the Jespers flanking zajac on one line, and it played extremely well together. Wonder if that is something they are thinking about.

So that would place either Zacha as 4th line C or 2nd line LW on Hughes' wing. Interesting. Considering we have Gusev, Hall, Simmonds and Palmieri still to consider, I'm willing to bet Zacha is currently looking at 4th line C. That or this is all just happening because of his visa issues and we're just experimenting. 

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Gusev-Hughes-Simmonds (big guy to protect Hughes)
Boqvist-Zajac-Bratt
Wood-Zacha-Coleman

I can definitely live with that. Just sucks that we signed Wood to that deal. Would rather have Maltsev on that spot. If he proves he belongs in the NHL while down in Bingo, we need to trade one of Coleman or Wood, whichever fetches us the better return. Preferably Wood.

37 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So that would place either Zacha as 4th line C or 2nd line LW on Hughes' wing. Interesting. Considering we have Gusev, Hall, Simmonds and Palmieri still to consider, I'm willing to bet Zacha is currently looking at 4th line C. That or this is all just happening because of his visa issues and we're just experimenting. 

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Gusev-Hughes-Simmonds (big guy to protect Hughes)
Boqvist-Zajac-Bratt
Wood-Zacha-Coleman

I can definitely live with that. Just sucks that we signed Wood to that deal. Would rather have Maltsev on that spot. If he proves he belongs in the NHL while down in Bingo, we need to trade one of Coleman or Wood, whichever fetches us the better return. Preferably Wood.

I'd definitely prefer to move Wood, but if Coleman gets us a decent return, I'd absolutely move him. I love him; heart and soul and guts type player, but truthfully, I'm not really convinced that he's not all that replaceable. In fact, I'd love for the person who could replace him to be Wood. If Wood could be disciplined, and defensively responsible, I think he'd be a monster on the PK with that speed. Could have a Michael Grabner type shorthanded goal contribution. But I simply can't ever trust him in that role. 

It does feel great to have that kind of depth and not have room for all the guys that we want to be up here. I mean, that list doesn't even include Bastian, who was pretty impressive at the end of last year, Hayden, and other fourth line clunkers. Such a nice change of pace from the days when we legitimately could not fill out a full 4 lines iwth actual NHL players. 

• Like 1