Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Oh god...getting into it with that dude again who loves to defend Miles Wood for some reason. He's taking offense to my calling of Miles Wood a JAG (and an overpaid one at that) because Wood is fast....

lol it's sacrilege to suggest Wood is expendable on that forum. They really like their "scrappy" guys over there. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

lol it's sacrilege to suggest Wood is expendable on that forum. They really like their "scrappy" guys over there. 

Yeah, what is it with that? Fans, especially in hockey, hold their blue collar guys in far too high esteem. Wood is very replaceable lol

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, what is it with that? Fans, especially in hockey, hold their blue collar guys in far too high esteem. Wood is very replaceable lol

That dude clings to Miles Wood's 19 goal season and "more primary assists than Nico Hischier last year" like it's his job. Never seen someone so infatuated with such a replaceable player. Must be related to Miles.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That dude clings to Miles Wood's 19 goal season and "more primary assists than Nico Hischier last year" like it's his job. Never seen someone so infatuated with such a replaceable player. Must be related to Miles.

I want to ask if he's his agent or something. There has to be some sort of relationship between the two. 

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I want to ask if he's his agent or something. There has to be some sort of relationship between the two. 

This dude loves these mean nothing per 60 stats. Extrapolation is the dumbest thing in sports lol.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

This dude loves these mean nothing per 60 stats. Extrapolation is the dumbest thing in sports lol.

It really is. Like, don't get me wrong, it has merit at times, but we are talking about a third / fourth line winger who logs nominal minutes in comparison to his upper echelon line mates (5 minutes less per game against Nico). The more you're playing the harder it is to keep those rates up. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It really is. Like, don't get me wrong, it has merit at times, but we are talking about a third / fourth line winger who logs nominal minutes in comparison to his upper echelon line mates (5 minutes less per game against Nico). The more you're playing the harder it is to keep those rates up. 

Whatever, dude bores me. Like I told him, I really hope we're rostering Wood so he can be the one we expose to Seattle. Maybe they'll buy into the "what he could be" hype.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Whatever, dude bores me. Like I told him, I really hope we're rostering Wood so he can be the one we expose to Seattle. Maybe they'll buy into the "what he could be" hype.

That would actually be perfect. On the downside, it means we have to put up with him another 2 years LOL

I've been looking to follow a hockey team and finally decided on the Devils this year. It was the only team I felt a real connection to lol. I love 'Seinfeld', and as everyone knows David Puddy was a monster Devils fan. So that's one link. Next is the 1986 movie "Youngblood". I'm 25, but I like watching movies from the 80s and really enjoyed that one in particular. A young Rob Lowe up against a million 80s cliches, I recommend it :D. Anyway, his character 'Dean Youngblood' is trying to make it to the NHL. His prospects are derided as he's diminutive, relying on speed and skill. Unfortunately for his foes though, Dean Youngblood isn't so easily pushed away from his dreams...I'll leave it at that. Well when I saw that the 1st overall pick in this year's draft, Jack Hughes, had a player profile near identical to that of Dean- well that was that. I'm now a Devils fan.

My knowledge of hockey is limited. I'm from Cali, and grew up mostly just doing combat sports(Boxing, Kick Boxing, Thai Boxing etc etc) from the time I could walk. I was kicked off all other team sports I tried(physical fights with coaches, teammates, opposition), with the exception of swimming and fencing(which aren't true 'team' sports necessarily either). So obviously the fighting element in hockey is of great interest to me as well.

I've watched our prospect game against the Sabres, and all of our preseason games thus far. Seems like we're in for a fun year. I'm sure I'll be posting in here a good amount, so please tolerate my 'new fan' mistakes. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I've been looking to follow a hockey team and finally decided on the Devils this year. It was the only team I felt a real connection to lol. I love 'Seinfeld', and as everyone knows David Puddy was a monster Devils fan. So that's one link. Next is the 1986 movie "Youngblood". I'm 25, but I like watching movies from the 80s and really enjoyed that one in particular. A young Rob Lowe up against a million 80s cliches, I recommend it :D. Anyway, his character 'Dean Youngblood' is trying to make it to the NHL. His prospects are derided as he's diminutive, relying on speed and skill. Unfortunately for his foes though, Dean Youngblood isn't so easily pushed away from his dreams...I'll leave it at that. Well when I saw that the 1st overall pick in this year's draft, Jack Hughes, had a player profile near identical to that of Dean- well that was that. I'm now a Devils fan.

My knowledge of hockey is limited. I'm from Cali, and grew up mostly just doing combat sports(Boxing, Kick Boxing, Thai Boxing etc etc) from the time I could walk. I was kicked off all other team sports I tried(physical fights with coaches, teammates, opposition), with the exception of swimming and fencing(which aren't true 'team' sports necessarily either). So obviously the fighting element in hockey is of great interest to me as well.

I've watched our prospect game against the Sabres, and all of our preseason games thus far. Seems like we're in for a fun year. I'm sure I'll be posting in here a good amount, so please tolerate my 'new fan' mistakes. 

Awesome! Welcome to the best hockey thread on this forum. Me and @Forge are insanely active in here so you'll have plenty of conversation. I work 2nd shift so I won't see most of the games live, unfortunately, but I'll give the best I can. Forge, though, is the man. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1