Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

4 hours ago, Forge said:

If this is the Cory and Mac that we are going to get this year, damn we have a chance to be really good. 

They both look friggin' superb. Cory looks as healthy as he's been in years and he's moving incredibly well. 

I may be getting too far ahead of myself here but I see no way we miss the playoffs this year. This team is too talented and our biggest problem, goaltending, is looking like it's going to be a strength. Sure, we have a few defensive issues but we'll get it fixed and we'll be players at the deadline. Let's get it!

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They both look friggin' superb. Cory looks as healthy as he's been in years and he's moving incredibly well. 

I may be getting too far ahead of myself here but I see no way we miss the playoffs this year. This team is too talented and our biggest problem, goaltending, is looking like it's going to be a strength. Sure, we have a few defensive issues but we'll get it fixed and we'll be players at the deadline. Let's get it!

Oh, and I'm starting to feel better about that Hall extension too

Who do you predict makes the final 23 from these guys? Only 3 can make it

Jesper Boqvist
John Hayden
Kevin Rooney
Jeremy Groleau
Ty Smith
Matt Tennyson

I'm willing to bet it'll be Hayden, Boqvist and Tennyson as the 8th dman after Ty Smith gets his 9 game trial run. Just from what we've been hearing about them not caring about sending Smith back to Juniors. 

Then again, I wonder if they'd roll with 13th and 14th forward and only 7 dmen. That means we'd roll with Hayden, Rooney and Boqvist with Carrick/Mueller/Greene rotating between scratches and Smith back to Juniors. 

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Who do you predict makes the final 23 from these guys? Only 3 can make it

Jesper Boqvist
John Hayden
Kevin Rooney
Jeremy Groleau
Ty Smith
Matt Tennyson

I'm willing to bet it'll be Hayden, Boqvist and Tennyson as the 8th dman after Ty Smith gets his 9 game trial run. Just from what we've been hearing about them not caring about sending Smith back to Juniors. 

Then again, I wonder if they'd roll with 13th and 14th forward and only 7 dmen. That means we'd roll with Hayden, Rooney and Boqvist with Carrick/Mueller/Greene rotating between scratches and Smith back to Juniors. 

I would actually pick the same three, though I do know hynes loves Rooney. I think Tennyson gets the not over Smith. I'm not even one hundred percent sure we keep Smith for the nine. Will be interesting to see. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Almost a lock that Smith is going back to Juniors at this point

That's what's expected cuz, you know, we gotta have Hynes's butt buddy, Rooney, make the team.

I'd rather claim someone off waivers than keep Rooney around. At least grab someone with some upside like Sprong.