Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Our brilliant coach's answer to Jack's line stability? Miles Wood.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Wood-Hughes-Bratt
Coleman-Zajac-Simmonds
Gusev-Zacha-Boqvist

And we're trotting out the Mueller-Severson pairing again.

lol...what in the world. 

Shero seriously needs to do something about this clown. Either trade/cut all three of Wood/Rooney/Hayden, so you force this stooge's hand or you sack up and fire your guy. How in the blue hell is it so hard for him to get the lines right? It's not ******* rocket science.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Coleman-Hughes-Bratt
Wood/Boqvist-Zajac-Simmonds
Wood/Gusev-Zacha-Gusev/Boqvist

Edited by beekay414

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Shero seriously needs to do something about this clown. Either trade/cut all three of Wood/Rooney/Hayden, so you force this stooge's hand or you sack up and fire your guy. How in the blue hell is it so hard for him to get the lines right? It's not ******* rocket science.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Coleman-Hughes-Bratt
Wood/Boqvist-Zajac-Simmonds
Wood/Gusev-Zacha-Gusev/Boqvist

Unfortunately, Shero's hands are tied as he frantically calls every GM in the NHL in search of a defenseman lol

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Unfortunately, Shero's hands are tied as he frantically calls every GM in the NHL in search of a defenseman lol

I'm shocked how locked into Mirco we are. I'm asking honestly here, was Thomas Hickey really that bad last year that we thought his 3 years, $2.5 Million AAV was too much when we struggle at LHD? I mean, Hickey doesn't suck, he just had an injury plagued year last year. I would've taken him for free FFS. 

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'm shocked how locked into Mirco we are. I'm asking honestly here, was Thomas Hickey really that bad last year that we thought his 3 years, $2.5 Million AAV was too much when we struggle at LHD? I mean, Hickey doesn't suck, he just had an injury plagued year last year. I would've taken him for free FFS. 

I guess we are really trying hard to make it look like that trade wasn't bad lol. He's a serviceable 7, but he gets a lot of opportunities on our second pairing, which is insane. 

Just now, Forge said:

I guess we are really trying hard to make it look like that trade wasn't bad lol. He's a serviceable 7, but he gets a lot of opportunities on our second pairing, which is insane. 

So dumb. I would've jumped all over the chance to get Hickey here for absolutely nothing. It's baffling that they thought he wasn't worth what he's making when they paid BEN FRIGGIN' LOVEJOY more money than that. Like, what the actual ****?