Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

We've spent more than 30 in game minutes on the powerplay without scoring a goal. 

That's the most damning thing by far with regards to this coaching staff and system. That should not be happening with the talent that we have. 

Since the third period of the game against Winnipeg, we have been outscored 17-5 lol. If you take out the Edmonton game, we've been outscored 14-2. 

• Like 1

Bratt once again had one of the lowest on ice times out of the team. That's insane. Like seriously, did Bratt kick Hynes' dog or something? Why does he hate him so much? This makes no sense. 

Also, goose is an unmitigated disaster five on five right now. I'm assuming that is what is also weighing bratt down at the time. Definitely some adjustment going on there.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

This has to be the last straw. 

Thinking the same thing. I don't know how you justify keeping him on here. We have played three home games, the first we blew a 4 goal lead and then this one we blew a 3 goal lead, up 4-1, only to lose 6-4 (final pending). He has to be gone. I'm not sure that this team is good, but the coaching is absolutely making it worse. Blown leads, special teams struggles...this is coaching. 

Also, we should just start shopping Hall now tbh because I'm being dead serious when I say that the season could already be over to be winless in 6 games. I'm willing to be that teams who are winless through 6 have almost no history of making the playoffs. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 11:08 PM, Forge said:

Damn, even devil's insiders podcast are saying it's time for a change

Bob McKenzie said that Shero hasn't even considered firing Hynes. I guess he hasn't learned from his Dan Bylsma mistake in Pittsburgh. His stubbornness is going to find him out of a job if he keeps this coaching staff. It's EASILY the worst coaching staff in sports. Craig Button confirmed it. 

Really glad I didn't waste the money on NHL Center Ice this year.

Edited by beekay414

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Bob McKenzie said that Shero hasn't even considered firing Hynes. I guess he hasn't learned from his Dan Bylsma mistake in Pittsburgh. His stubbornness is going to find him out of a job if he keeps this coaching staff. It's EASILY the worst coaching staff in sports. Craig Button confirmed it. 

Really glad I didn't waste the money on NHL Center Ice this year.

I'm really not surprised. 

Lou once said after firing MacLean that he wished he hadn't waited so long because the devils were really too far back to make up the ground, essentially. I wish Ray had listened to that. That's going to be the situation we are in shortly. It's october 16th, and there is legitimately a real shot that we are out of the playoff race already. We have fewer points than the rangers and they have three games in hand. Three! That's insane. 

I get that you don't want to make rash decisions, but this is not rash. He's never been a great coach, and if not for Taylor Hall being hercules and putting this team on his back 2 years ago, we would have absolutely nothing from Hynes' tenure. At this point, this isn't rash. It's overdue. 

• Like 1