Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

If Hynes wants a scapegoat to save his job at the last second, he absolutely has one in Kowalsky. Definitely not sure how he still has a job. Our power play basically has a single structure and doesn't take advantage of any of our skill players. Always out of sync, predictable passing, and every power play looks exactly the same. The structure is just brutal. So easy to defend it feels like. 

We are now 0 - the season. Including a full 2 minute 5-3 powerplay where we managed almost no offensive zone time. 

Miles Wood was on the ice for 14+ minutes. Bratt and Gusev were on the ice a combined 15 minutes. Kevin Rooney got more time than Bratt FFS.

I just can't with this ******* coach. Bratt and Gusev are really good possession players and we decide that we want to be a team that treats the puck like a hot potato and play guys like Rooney and Wood 20+ combined minutes a night when they both are terrible offensive players (and in Rooney's case, a terrible player period). 

I simply won't care about the results until Hynes is gone.

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Miles Wood was on the ice for 14+ minutes. Bratt and Gusev were on the ice a combined 15 minutes. Kevin Rooney got more time than Bratt FFS.

The funny thing is, I was joking about the "time to put Bratt back on the fourth line" after his showing as the only competent forward against Philly, and then wasn't shocked at all to find that is what actually happened. Honestly, I just don't think it's that difficult. Put your best players on the ice, give your best players the most ice time. It's not rocket surgery at all. There's no doubt in my mind that Bratt is one of our top 6, probably one of our top 4 if you want me to be perfectly honest about it. 

If we aren't going to use him, may as well trade him. I'm sure he has a good amount of value to a team that actually knows how to utilize talent. 

The love affair with wood simply has to stop. I don't know what that is about, but I have no idea how this guy continues to justify giving him top 6 minutes. Its completely asinine. Don't get me wrong, I actually like Wood as a 4th liner (overpaid though he may be), if we keep him, I have no problem with that, he just needs to stay in his lane, which is 4th line minutes, providing energy with the odd break out every now and again thanks to his speed.

Also, holy hell has Hall looked like crap this year. Nico too. Nico has made some nice plays here and there (the Overtime pass yesterday was fantastic), but they are both a bit snakebitten and Hall's overall game is just trash right now. 

It's just flat out painful to watch this team try and get out of their own zone. So many turnovers, bad passes, bad puck control. It's hard to watch. Special teams are an abomination right now. We have yet to score a power play goal this season and have managed to give up 7 goals in 13 power plays against. Those are not good numbers lol. 

And once again, we suck in shootouts. Incredible that a team this skilled is that bad at shootouts. 1-7? Oof. 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

If this is true, I'm slightly more forgiving on the Rooney thing since we were just talking about the Russian comfort thing in thread and that really does appear to be a thing. Still don't understand bratt on l4. That's just stupid

They REALLY need to swap Bratt and Wood. Bratt on the same line as Zajac and Coleman does him wonders as far as not worrying about his defensive liabilities. Wood has no business being on anything other than the 4th line.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Bratt-Zajac-Coleman
Zacha-Hughes-Simmonds
Gusev-Rooney-Wood

If Wood can't handle the RW spot, then you scratch him for Boqvist.

• Like 1