Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Bratt with under 10 minutes of ice time and Hayden getting nearly 12 is just ******* absurd. 

I don't understand why Bratt is getting absolutely screwed with ice time. 

Hynes has hated him since he was a rookie, I swear. That's why we kept getting Stafford in the lineup lol.

He's a top 6, 50 point guy in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong. But offensively, that is certainly what I see

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Hynes has hated him since he was a rookie, I swear. That's why we kept getting Stafford in the lineup lol.

He's a top 6, 50 point guy in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong. But offensively, that is certainly what I see

Well, I was looking at even strength TOI in regards to Bratt vs Hayden. Still, Bratt was on the ice a total of 10:57 compared to Hayden's 12:49, Wood's 14:13 and Rooney's 17:14. Rooney got 22 shifts FFS lol.

Joonas Donskoi looking really good for the Avs. I think they'll represent the West in the Stanley Cup. 

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping we are sellers at the deadline and consider trading Hall to help out on the blue line. I dunno. I'm torn. I love Hallsy but I think the easiest way to get blue line help would be to trade him. Unless Shero's comfortable waiting (and hoping) that our blue line prospects develop, then I get not even entertaining the idea of trading Hall. Lots of promise in the system but it's a gamble wasting Hughes' ELC with this blue line and having to pay Hall.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Joonas Donskoi looking really good for the Avs. I think they'll represent the West in the Stanley Cup. 

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping we are sellers at the deadline and consider trading Hall to help out on the blue line. I dunno. I'm torn. I love Hallsy but I think the easiest way to get blue line help would be to trade him. Unless Shero's comfortable waiting (and hoping) that our blue line prospects develop, then I get not even entertaining the idea of trading Hall. Lots of promise in the system but it's a gamble wasting Hughes' ELC with this blue line and having to pay Hall.

If we are out of the playoffs, which I expect us to be now, we damn sure better trade him

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Excellent. Thought we were gonna have to go 7/56 or better to retain him. 

Yeah, that was slightly more favorable than I expected. Gives us a better idea on cap moving forward as well, and I love having this wrapped up already

Mac and the penalty kill have looked much better the last two games. Hopefully Mac got some early season jitters out of the way and the penalty kill just had one of those ugly stretches. 

That being said, kind of an ugly game so far. Vancouver controlling everything. 

Wood on the PP is something that will never make any sense to me. None of his skillset translates well to power play, and none of the things I want on the power play are things that he does well. 

He doesn't have a great shot. He's not consistent enough in front of the net to be a huge impact there. He's not a great passer at all. He has speed to break out, but how often do you see break outs or breakaways on the power play? The speed is completely mitigated when you're spending all of your time in the offensive zone (or trying to). 

• Like 1